London
Apr. 18, 2024
5:57 PM BST

Question about Orr farming

By:

lucasktyo.6304
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 01/14/2013 at 08:43 AM

Hey folks. I haven't been actively playing open world content since before the Wintersday event and I'm curious on how are people farming Orr(or whatever other map) for gold and karma now that the Plinx chain event has a long CD. I have been farming CoF for cash and I know you can get karma from dailys and monthlys, but my question is really about the open world content. Thanks. : )

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Replied On: 01/17/2013 at 09:54 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure farming Orr is worth it anymore. I'd say AC, CoF and Fractals are the best money makers now. But if you're fixated on farming, I'll give you a few options that should be viable.

Farming the grenth event chain for corrupted lodestones is a good one. The ice guys have a decently good chance at dropping them. If you purposely fail the grenth event to repeat it it can be lucrative... However, not everyone may be onboard with this. The ice guys during the Claw of Jormag fight are also good for getting the corrupted lodestones.

A good way to get charged lodestones is to finish the dwayna event and then farm the sparks that appear south of there. Drop rate is low but prices are high so it could be worth it. There are also some DE's there too that pop up.

Something I haven't personally tried would be to farm for powerful blood. I heard it is good to farm trolls in frostgorge and karka in southsun. I am not familiar with the locations for these so you might have to look them up.

That being said I still believe dungeons are the most consist way of getting money at this point outside of the TP. Good luck with your farming!

Kyne
Free of Fate

By:

lucasktyo.6304
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 01/17/2013 at 01:14 PM

Thanks for the reply! I'm not farming tho, was just wondering : ) I farmed Orr for a couple weeks back when I crafted my sets but I'm done. Dungeons are indeed a great way to make money and hopefully they will fix the MF issue(no more leechers!). About farming bloods, I've never tried it myself but I remember it was crowded with bots. I hope they are all gone.

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Replied On: 01/31/2013 at 09:11 AM

Just as an Fyi...

Since the 1/28 patch it seems like Orr might be more lucrative than previously with the new drop rates of bags.

Not sure how viable it is to farm Grenth for Corrupted Lodestones anymore with his new mechanics.

I'll probably get more time to check these sorts of things this weekend.

Kyne
Free of Fate

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved