London
Mar. 29, 2024
1:03 PM GMT

Sunday Story Mode Dungeons

By:

Twilah.3609
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 12/17/2012 at 07:36 AM

Hi alls.  We've had some success with the Sunday morning "Story Mode Dungeons" and I'd like to extend an invitation to the server community.  Light RP and Lore discussion are highly encouraged during this event.  The time is 1 pm PST on Sunday mornings, and we meet about 15 minutes prior on our voice communication server, Raidcall.  The channel is open to the public, 5012.  It can be downloaded here:

http://raidcall.en.softonic.com/

Please message me here if you plan to attend so I can organize groups ahead of time.  You are still welcome if you do not pre-register, but priority goes to the people who did as we divide into groups of five.  Most important, be on time!

I'd like to try this for a couple reasons.   First I think it might help the casual players have an opportunity to get to know some people a little better since it is a small group as opposed to a zerg event.  Second, the story mode groups get a little harder to find now that max level characters are focusing on the explorables.  This gives people interested a chance to discuss lore and be patient through cutscenes, especially if players are new to dungeons or learning a new class.

Minimum level of character is 30.  We will do what the majority of participants need to complete!  Dungeon level breakdown for Story Modes:

30 Ascalonian Catacombs ~ located in Plains of Ashford

40 Caudecu's Manor ~ located in Queensdale

50 Twilight Arbor ~ located in Caledon Forest

60 Sorrow's Embrace ~ located in Dredgehaunt Cliffs

70 Citadel of Flame ~ located in Fireheart Rise

*May require a small pre-event to open the gates

76 Honor the Waves ~ located in Frostgorge Sound

78 Crucible of Eternity ~ located in Mount Malestorm

80 The Ruined City of Arah* ~ located in Cursed Shore

*Arah is subject to the gates being open after successful completion of an @3 hour event.

If you are going to request a particular dungeon, have a waypoint in the zone ahead of time so we can start as quickly as possible.  Story mode dungeons follow the tale of Destiny's Edge and are a great way to witness and learn a lot of the politics and lore that affect the game stories.  Explorable dungeons are basically what happens "after" the story mode has occured.

» Edited on: 2012-12-30 16:49:20

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Twilah.3609

Replied On: 02/10/2013 at 09:32 AM

This event is now being run by Daenera.9037!

By:

avapersia.7038

Replied On: 02/22/2013 at 05:51 PM

Do I still need to message someone if I plan to attend? I'm an 80 engineer and I've never dungeoned 0_o

By:

jdkmit.9713

Replied On: 02/22/2013 at 10:19 PM

If you are on and show up about 20 min. early they are starting to form groups, as this is an open event there are always plenty of people. Daenera runs this event and does a great job making sure if your there you find a squad.

By:

avapersia.7038

Replied On: 02/23/2013 at 08:18 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to the stories. I did go into COF with a pickup group last night, but we skipped the story and I had no idea what I was doing ^_^ Fun though!

By:

DoctorOverlord.8620

Replied On: 02/24/2013 at 07:50 PM

This is exactly what I would like to do! :D Thank you for organizing runs on Story Mode, it is a great idea!

Going to PM/mail Daenera.9037 right now :)

Just out of curiosity, how is the lead character picked for the dungeons? There are some where I wouldn't mind just going to see them but there are one or two where I would really like to have my main in the lead the first time I run it :) Or are you the lead if you make a request?

» Edited on: 2013-02-24 19:54:38

For a laugh, check out the links below to my GW2 webcomic Dynamic Events.
http://doctoroverlord.deviantart.com/gallery/34469905?offset=72
hhttp://doctoroverlord.deviantart.com/

By:

avapersia.7038

Replied On: 02/25/2013 at 11:35 AM

There are 2 events on the Sunday calendar and I guess only one is the actual current event? I was signed up for the original event, where people who want to do different dungeons split into groups. I guess it's only 1 dungeon each week now (?) so perhaps the calendar could be changed to reflect that because I was kindof confused.

I did get a group from the TS lobby to run AC with me yesterday, so there is that :)

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved