Apr. 18, 2024
9:18 AM BST

Recruitment through example - New Regular Event Series Starting in August

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 07/14/2015 at 09:40 AM

Greetings,

So come August my Wednesday event will be moved to Tuesday and I'll be running a GW2 event every other Thursday as well. With heart of thorns likely to release this fall and Guild Missions becoming widely more accessible I plan to allow anyone in SORC to run them any time they like. All players will be able to invite so they can gather their friends and run them any time. I will be changing up my format of my Wednesday & Saturday events to be more targeted on a few boss kills or mini-dungeons then migrate to WvW.

HOWEVER

The 2nd week of every month is going to be devoted to "Intro To" sessions. Every second week of the month my Tuesday/Saturday Event will be an "Intro To Mini-Dungeons, World Bosses & WvW" and my Thursday event will be an "Intro to Guild Wars 2" event. I will be pitching it as a Sanctum of Rall hosted event open to all. I am hoping by making an impression on some of the new players entering the game over the next few months I can attract some players to Sanctum of Rall. I am finding great success in helping out new players to the point they end up wanting to join Gaiscioch and then end up transferring to SOR on their own so they can play WvW with us. Just in the past few weeks we gained 6 new SOR folk by helping them get started. I think that this is something that could really take off and be a way to bring in some new blood to the game and our server that don't have preconceived notions of who we are based on our T1 days. I'll feel it out and see just what results we have.

Tentative Schedule:

• August 11th @ 5PM PT: Intro to Mini-Dungeons, World Bosses, and WvW
  • August 13th @ 5PM PT: Intro to Guild Wars 2 (Queensdale)
  • August 15th @ 11PM PT: Intro to Mini-Dungeons, World Bosses, and WvW (Oceanic Edition)

» Edited on: 2015-07-14 09:40:48

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 07/14/2015 at 03:36 PM

The big question.....

When Heart of thorns does go live and we know more about how things are going to work guild hall wise will the SOR guild be dissolved ? GSCH does almost all the work on the community missions and in the end you all end up running two different guilds. Myself I'd like to see more guilds active here on the SOR site itself.

I was also wondering about P vs E activities. There is already an awesome system in place that rewards the commanders and participants of W vs W but nothing really for those on the server that organize and hold P vs E events. Any way we could get something going for that ?

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 07/14/2015 at 05:42 PM

No, SORC is staying and we're leaving missions open to be run at any time by anyone in current membership. Everyone in SORC can invite so if one person wants to do them they can drag their friends to go get them done. Additionally we will likely still have 1 day a week where we do missions and have every guild come out being they will be on the same mission as us and can get credit by completing it with us. 

The hard part for PvE is that it's not limited to SOR. We're mega server now. Which means our prize vault would be going to people who aren't even on our server. I've been pondering a way to make this work but my goal was to build a system that Builds Sanctum of Rall. There is no reason for someone to transfer here because of PvE. The only place that matters is WvW, therefor the rewards system has been designed to be purely WvW to encourage and reward people for being here.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Replied On: 07/14/2015 at 09:46 PM

I agree the mega server is a problem with that. Not everyone is a W vs W player and some W vs W players are not into anything P vs E as well. Would there be a way to only claim credit if that person was a registered user here on the SOR site and belonged to an SOR guild ? I'd make it so the person in question would have to also be active here on the site and active within the SOR guild. I'm not even sure this is possible but it's an idea or food for thought. Perhaps it would make the site here itself more active and promote some more activity within the guilds which are on the server.

As far as people transferring here for P vs E it would be more for the guild or people that would organize these events. You would eventually get people who would ask about the guild / guilds holding these events and who knows maybe they would check out that guild and decide to join and switch servers to game with these new friends they meet. Granted P vs E is a mega server but representing SOR in some larger events could possibly win a few folks over.

We could also simply allow some type of reward or point system for those organizing events. My idea on the later here would be to set it up so the event manager would get " X " amount of credit for the event and possibly an amount for those SOR members who participate. After a set amount of points perhaps they get to pick a prize, win an award or something. The participates themselves really get something anyway by being there for the event itself, be it a map clear, a world boss run / kill , a series of dungeon runs, or what ever. It's an idea perhaps and maybe we can come up with something for the other side of GW 2. Look at how many times Soren has set-up and led TEQ kills on a map. You could even have a set comment for the event organizer to use after their event.

" If you enjoyed this event please check out the Sanctum of Rall of site and leave a comment for the event organizer. The SOR community is always looking for people to join our guilds and contribute to our community. "

Well let's here some comments about this.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 07/15/2015 at 12:06 AM

Nobody will transfer here for pve. That's not the idea. People will transfer here for the leadership and people once they see what we are capable outside wvw, they will be curious as to what we a complies inside wvw. Gaiscioch brings 4-6 off server people to SOR  every month. Initially they check us out but after missing all the fun in wvw and listening to us having a blast up there they make the call to transfer. Heck just today 3 more transfered over. 2 from db, 1 from ring of fire. My point is you don't have to recruit people by telling them how awesome we are in an area of the game they can't see or experience. You can bring them by Introducing  them to our magnificent  server community and the personalities that come with it. I understand that no straight pve player will ever transfer here for pve. They don't need to and that would just be a stupid waste of money. What I'm after is the pvx  player who can get to know us and learn just what we have to offer so that they want to make that jump. Also note, Gaiscioch  has never paid for a single player to transfer. Everyou single one that has, has made that commitment to join us on their own and funded their own transfer. Let them experience us and they will come.

» Edited on: 2015-07-15 00:09:04

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 07/15/2015 at 07:29 AM

This is such a cool idea to bring new and "old" players into the fold. With HoT coming soon, this could really help round out our WvW army(hopefully some OCX timezone players to push Kain down where they belong). I see people in Reddit asking about learning about the game and people to play with ect. I'm gonna remember this and message them the dates/time you posted on your OP. Even if they don't transfer, or come WvW, it's good Karma. And it feels good to help someone. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Replied On: 07/15/2015 at 03:47 PM

Well actually NICE has pulled people from other servers that didn't come here strictly for W vs W. I agree that once a person can sit down game with and chat with us that is the best way of recruiting possible. You and them get to know one another like that during the process instead of a blanket recruiting campaign that may get you some good folks and several " Jack Wagons " in the process which is a group of people nobody wants.

August is a busy month for me but I will certainly try to help out and make these new events your trying. I may still add some of our P vs E events on the community calendar for those who might be interested in doing some of the things our guild does.

By:

Commander limetwyst.7039
   Member of Blood of the Martyr

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 07:09 AM

I really like positive ideas for attracting players, and when I first read this I thought, wow, really cool. Making people feel good does make them want to come back and play with you more, and that's how we can grow our numbers. It took me a little while to realize the place for me -  I just realized I could maybe do something smaller scale like this in PvP - "Intro to Arenas"

GW siggy photo GW siggy.png

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved