1:11 PM EDT
London
Apr. 19, 2024
6:11 PM BST

What Really Matters: By Brutus

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Posted On: 09/19/2013 at 03:44 PM

Hello Brothers and Sisters of SoR. My name is Brutus Esaghus my guildmates and myself have transfered to SoR as of August to join you and fight along side this great community. I want to first thank you all for being so inviting and accepting of us all as well as supporting our guild cata assualts, omega rushes, and nightly quest for loot bags ! I wanted to create this post not to bad mouth, not to condoscend, and not to point ANY fingers. This post is out of love and respect for this great community and every single person involved.

I dont post this because im anybody. I dont think i am your leader. Read the words and try to understand the point of this post as a pose who is saying it.

There are many incredible big and small guilds on SoR. I want to point out we have some of the best players I have ever seen , and it is thanks to them that SoR has many amazing commanders. Since Legends Never[DIE] has been on SoR we have been impressed and inspired to be in battle with all of you. As of the past 2 weeks I have seen things that isnt a fair reflection of the CHAMPIONS we are. If you are on a map as a guild , as a havok squad,  or just as one person NEVER forget that at the end of the reset week all you see is SoR's score. Not your score, not any individual giulds score, not one person scores, not a GvG score,  and not a commander or guild leaders score. We have to continue to work together, beyond CCooms , beyond flanking , beyond just meeting up once a week for a meeting . Time and time again we are spreading out on BLs , i see 2-3 commander tags at once, people afk in garrisons, and us relyin on the same 4-5 people(god bless you all ) to scout. This game is a team effort and I dont ever want to be in  a BL with 2-3 big guilds running invidiaul 20 man groups when there is a 70 man group of strong guilds such as ROT ,AGG, and NS. Our enemies are beggining to understand and see where they can beat us... kitten our enemies, dont let them do this to us.

If you are the best or worst guild on SoR dont be afraid to have your commander tag up , let people rally to you even if 90% of the people on the map refuse to use TS hold the line with what you have. Your not a bad palyer in you have a tag up and you get wiped with a group that isnt ideal . I get killed with my tag up when people arnt in ts and we have no coordination or a lack of proper gear or builds, and when i have a guild group as many people can testify we will rip the kitten out of JQ/BG. Who gives a kitten either way its a game, let them be mad at me instead of each other.  Be a true leader guys , step up to the challenges we will continue to face, put the egos aside , rally amongst each other.

If you are in a BL and you only have 5-10 people from your giuld theres no shame in rallying into a TS channel with milita, or with another guild that is light for teh night. DO it for the good of SoR. Every guild is its own individual community/family and you guys have your tags because you enjoy playing with eacch other and i totally understand the same goes for DIe and me. But we are on SoR for a reason and in WvW for a reason bigger then just our own guilds and our own friends. We are all one team and at the end of the week what we each do individually and collectively will reflect the outcomes we achieve or fail to achieve.

Lets encourage PvE guilds to start coming to WvW , lets help train the , lets make the TS fun and the learning environment less hostile and fun. These people enjoy to PvE not WvW so calling them kittenters, yelling if they die, isnt the environment that will make them come back a second time. I feel as though we have a ton of graet people and players that play PvE in all time zones. Lets start talking to their guld leaders and get them to co-run with WvW guilds . This can be the great push of coverage we need to ensure that we dominate in all time slots.

All in all every person on SoR can contribute to its success , i love you all, i will follow any guild and commander if it benefits the guild of SoR and all my guildmates would do teh same. Fight for SoR , not ourseleves. Respect each other, and movin forward dont be afraid to ask each otehr for help . We are a team

Love,

Brutus

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 09/19/2013 at 03:46 PM

Kitten is me saying F!@# its filtered I guess F!@#! KITTTENS!

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 09/20/2013 at 07:59 AM

Dood leave those poor kittens alone :p

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Kahage Furiae.3864
   Member of The Praetorians

Replied On: 09/21/2013 at 09:36 AM

Hello Brutus, Its nice to make your acquaintance. I understand your predicament and in my guild we feel the same way. ETRO is a havok guild we mostly deal with the Borderlands. Most of our members refuses to follow zergs because of the massive lags they get so that's why we choose the havok or small guild group tactics. Welcome to SoR by the way. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield.

The Praetorians(PRAE)
Lvl 80 Thief
Havoker in SoR since the beginning

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 09/22/2013 at 03:49 PM

I think havok groups are just as important as the main force. Heck HEL, GSCH, and HIRE each have groups of 10-20 late night and we manage to accomplish some pretty crazy feats by pulling their zerg to one side and have a havok squad take something on the other. We've broken their backs many time doing this. You don't need to be a zerg to win, theres fun to be had for all regardless. The key is to realize that each piece of the warforce has its place. The zerg, the havok, the solo all have a place on the battlefield.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Signal.9763

Replied On: 09/24/2013 at 09:16 AM

Thanks for the post Brutus. I've run with DIE a few times now and we always have a lot of laughs, so it's great having you all on SoR.

It is my humble opinion that our community has a few problems that have been compounding over the last month or so. Mostly it stems from the fact that we've relied on the same handful of commanders for far too long. As someone who has a commander tag yet rarely uses it, I place myself among the foremost culprits. A shortcoming I plan to rectify. Not only has this been unfair to those senior commanders but it has also had a negative impact on our community. It has led to too few new commanders bringing fresh thinking to the table resulting in a stagnant community-wide strategy that I feel is failing us in a few ways.

So I'm definitely glad to see some new leaders to the server, such as yourself, bringing in fresh energy and ideas.

A brief list of the problems I see are as follows:

- We've mistakenly conceded the recruitment battle to BG and JQ. JQ is still struggling internally as is BG to a lesser extent, but both are numeric powerhouses. As I feel the last month or so has shown, we can only compete with BG in spurts as it stands now. And the half-week we fought BG after the meta change had them holding the bloodlust boon for the vast majority of the match. I don't think we're in good shape leading in to the upcoming WvW season.

- We over emphasize the "we don't play for PPT, we only play for fights" mantra. To an extent I understand it and agree, but it's been overdone to the point where our mainstay guilds almost ignore the overarching PPT strategy that is one of the main pillars of the WvW meta. Similarly, some of our largest guilds concentrate so heavily on open field tactics that, as a server, we greatly ignore the supply strategy meta as well. And since we advertise this mantra so much on public forums, our opponents use it against us.

- Arrogance. We've come to the conclusion that SoR is the best. Period. We don't respect our enemies any longer and it's hurting us. I played Planetside 2 heavily for many months and my outfit in that game just so happens to have a lot of GW2 players who are members of a BG WvW guild. They've explained to me that they use this against us by not giving us what they know we want, big open field fights. So they move around a lot and run, knowing that it frustrates us. All the while we just keep being told it's because we're awesome and they fear us. Wrong, they're playing us!

- Trolling. This goes hand-in-hand with arrogance. On the forums SoR has become known as a trolling server. I've witnessed some of our prominent leaders actively trolling opposing leaders, such as Waha and Smokey, to the point of making them hate us. This results in us being 2v1ed in situations that would normally call for us teaming with JQ to 2v1 BG. We are our own worst enemy when we act this way.

While these may seem like big issues, they're not. Compared to some of the internal strife on other servers SoR is in good shape. Furthermore these issues are not difficult to rectify. More active recruitment bringing an influx of new commanders with fresh ideas is a big part of the solution, just as long as the community is willing to listen and work with the new commanders as well as we have with the old.

My last comment will be on the most important issue, SoR's solid internal cohesiveness and making sure we keep it healthy. I really hope we pay attention to how the larger guilds treat the Rallians. Lately that has been breaking down. We need to reverse this ASAP. As someone who is not in a large, heavily active WvW guild, logging in to WvW and seeing all the big guilds running tagless while hiding in a password protected guild TS channel does not make me feel wanted on the battlefield. Especially when they ignore all /team requests for access to the channel, or worse, interview you for your class, level, build, gear, etc... then tell you they don't want you with them.

» Edited on: 2013-09-24 09:37:13

------------
Carlotta The Red

The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 09/25/2013 at 12:12 PM

We do a lot right as a server. It is a honor to be here with you guys really. In regards to new commanders and new WvW players DIE will give you guys our builds and gear setup. We will also let you guys run with us and train if you have a new tag we can even run tagless and follow you with a reticle .

We are willing to do everything nd anything for SoR.

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 09/25/2013 at 12:14 PM

Not sayng that DIE has the best tactics or builds , jus saying we will give you guys ours and then go get others from other commanders and guilds. THe more the better. One of the best thing to do as Carlotta pointed out is having many different commanders on a server. Each time you follow one you learn new things. There are standard rules of engagement but the tricks and one offs each commander has can really come in handy and it doesn't hurt to be receptive and learn from one another.

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 09/25/2013 at 12:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEOOZDbMrgE

What we believe in ^.

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 09/25/2013 at 12:26 PM

» Edited on: 2013-09-25 12:27:22

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 09/26/2013 at 11:20 AM

In spirit of a bright future and reset tomorrow, I am asking all the guilds who are a bit smaller and the havoc groups or players to post your contact names on this thread.

We run a fairly large group of about 30-35 and with the help of 1-2 smaller gulds and some solid havoc coordination we should be able to hold a BL as well as run a healthy supply META and get things upgraded. We live for the open field but a lot of time when our bases are fortified it forces them to come out and try to flip our t3 strongholds. This equals fights, bags , and overall good moral for our beloved server.

So with that being said I will list many people in DIE u can reach out, if you find yourselves havoking outmubered, a guild harassing u or just in need help defending so we can make sure to be there for u guys as much as possible

Ser Craig
Brian the Immortal
Lubedini
Everett Maybayleigh
Master Fluffie
Sheva Alamarr
Clint Eestwood
Geekanerd
Guardian Alcandor
Rubiix
Val the Spiteful

What we cannot do with numbers or skill, we wil do with heart and will...and OMEGA GOLEMS!

Cheers SoR

By:

Signal.9763

Replied On: 09/27/2013 at 12:45 PM

Thanks again Brutus. I will definitely take you up on your offers. Work and some home renovation projects have been killing me for the past month or so but I do hope to be able to get some gaming in soon.

------------
Carlotta The Red

The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Kahage Furiae.3864

Replied On: 10/03/2013 at 09:17 AM

If you guys want to get in touch with us in ETRO here are our contacts:

Kahage Furiae(Commander)
Zeplic(Commander)
Artintho(Commander)
Sawyer Reed
Atherton Roberts

Feel free to contact us anytime.We usually run in enemy borderlands about 5 to 8 ppl.If the situation arises, we will be glad to help.We also have our own guild Raidcall if you want to join in which is 6994740.

ยป Edited on: 2013-10-03 11:19:57

» Edited on: 2013-10-03 11:20:31

The Praetorians(PRAE)
Lvl 80 Thief
Havoker in SoR since the beginning

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 10/07/2013 at 11:22 AM

Thank you both for replying. Spread the word lets get more oeople connected and have more lines of open communication.

My guildmates and I are readu yo move heaven and hell for sor !

By:

Commander Axle.5182

Replied On: 10/08/2013 at 03:17 PM

Afterlife (EU prime) contacts:

Leader:

(Carcasstro.8145)

Vice leader:

(Screenager.7804)

Officers:

(Cori.1052) (Zwegy.7607) (Axle.5182) (Hohum.3205)

We usually run in SOR borderland with 10-15 havoc group. also we will be glad to help around during EU prime time 10am-2pm PDT and you will find our Commander or a rep on SOR TS during our raids.

» Edited on: 2013-10-08 15:18:03

Afterlife [AFTL]
Axle Gizmo - Officer (GW2)
www.afterlife-gaming.eu

By:

rmprodigy.4679

Replied On: 10/11/2013 at 11:04 AM

Thanks guys !

By:

mchampio.2754

Replied On: 10/17/2013 at 02:40 PM

If you ever need help sieging up keeps, i will help you if i'm online(and not in a guild rally/already sieging something that's under attack.or if my siege addiction drains all my gold and siege i might not be able to help:()
Also if anyone has any spare skill points they are willing to donate, i will give you everything else you need to make a superior arrow cart, it helps me soooo much in sieging up our garrison with 50+ sup acs,like how we got that six day hold in our SOR/BG/TC matchup on our garri. It helps our less covered timezones a ton and we'll need it against dem jq uberzergs in sea.ty so much you guys who keep my siege refreshed so sea can just farm dem bags in garri.and ty scouts, you are awesome.

And if you want to become an ubersiegemaster i will send you the siege you need and show you the siege spots in various keeps that are very good.

-Hector Ragnarok(DIE)

By:

Commander Drusseth.8395
   Member of Capslock

Replied On: 10/28/2013 at 11:47 AM

WOuldn't another thread be more appropriate to post guilds who consider themselves to be a "Havok" or "Roaming" guild?

Capslock [CAPS]

Drusseth.8395 Commander

Vio.3940

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 10/29/2013 at 10:43 AM

Do not back down fellow SoR members. Do not loose hope. When things get hard, we get shoved, we need to respond. When another server starts pushing us and things look lost, that is exactly when we need you. If you step up and push back with others like you we can win.

Idea for our WvW guilds... I know recruiting and your guild tag is very important to you all, however I would like to encourage maybe a SoR commander training program. Take new commanders out, show them around, maybe they rep your guild for a while, but then allow them to get back to there friends and follow guildies. As Brutus said above, we are all brothers and sisters in this together. Some people have the tags but just lack the simple tactics, or best places to put siege. Lets aid in this while not requiring they join the biggest and best guilds.

Few things I have noticed in the last few weeks out in WvW... Everyone is always pushing TS, As they should, but many members I hear from simply are to lazy to log in for a few reasons...

1) It can take hours to days sometimes for guys to get verified. This is usually only an issue for those that play odd hours, but they simply don't log into it in fear that they would be banned and assumed to be a spy. Trust me, I have been on that perma-ban list before either because of myself not hearing or seeing someone ask me or because no one did ask and just assumed I wasn't part of SoR. To get off the Perma-ban I had only one person to track down to prove otherwise and it wasn't very easy due to our time slots being different.

2) They don't enjoy being told where to be, where to go, or its intimidating to be on TS. Some of our commanders are so against something that they will literally call out individuals. It is usually not by name but something like "WTH is this Ranger to my left doing?" Even though usually a toon name is not given, it does not have to be. Also PvE individuals or those chasing down there Achievements need to be allowed to roam or encouraged if only to get them on there way. Someone asks in a Map chat for help in the JP... No matter your feeling on JP's in WvW or the achievements the quickest way to get them either out of WvW to open "Q" up for someone else or to attract them is to be friendly to them and encourage them. Send a small Havoc squad in to clear it, announce it, then encourage those to get back with the group, inform them that simply following the commander they will get there achievements. The last two weeks I have seen in map chat and to a lesser extent in TS heard people bashing achievement hunters and telling them to get out of WvW. Lets use this inflow of new members, Lets ask them to do things that will both help us and help them. Example would be asking everyone focused on "Capping Bloodlust achievement please go get it now". Also give direction, tell them how bloodlust is capped. I see a lot of solo PvE cappers that are not holding in shrines until we get Bloodlust or because they do not know WvW they are easily ganked being by themselves. Instruct them that if they work to help our commanders, the commanders will help to ensure there achievements are completed.

3) Sometimes TS is just not fun or social... It can be very quite, its to the point and no one seems friendly. We need to encourage laughter and some chatter in TS, however we need to make sure people understand when something is happening on the field they must hold there unrelated comments. Many people will stay in there Guilds RC or TS simply because they are friendlier and more social.

4) Last thing I hear about TS and what people I know hate it for is that it is not always easy to find where the TS channel is for that Border Land or EB. Many of our larger WvW guilds insist on being in there own TS channel and expect the rest of the community to join there channel. Why when we have for example, Red Borderland, we might have to go to Oceanic, or a specific guild room? People just want to join the correct TS channel and not have to look through all the rooms to find out where the commander is or have to ask in Map chat.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander Greyalis.2309

Replied On: 12/02/2013 at 12:49 PM

Welcome Brutus!

I will say this as a new ambassador for SoR :), it is impossible that everyone will react the same way to our commanders in ts or in wvw in general, this is expected. Our commanders and wvw players pretty much know what NOT to do at this point, but SoR could work on extrapolating on future solutions against divisions within our server.

To me the only thing keeping us afloat is our great guilds and commanders that are very active. If we could build on these guilds or perhaps even merge some new guilds into these there would be a lot more success. After all it's not about the guilds, it's about the reoccuring fear of division within SoR.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved