London
Apr. 20, 2024
2:17 AM BST

P vs E ( The other 1/2 of GW 2 )

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Posted On: 09/28/2015 at 08:09 AM

With all of the discussion the last few days, exodus by more of the hardcore W vs W players and new things to SOR as rewards I wanted to talk about P vs E in general. Many of us enjoy this aspect of the game as well but it is also a mega server within the game and in P vs E you can find yourself gaming with Gate of Madness or even Darkhaven players. This site was geared toward W vs W because it is the only thing right now that really makes a difference what server you call home. If you're not a member of SOR you can't W vs W with us unless of course you have that alt account which sets on a different server. I was told people don't switch servers for P vs E but within our guild I have seen people switch servers not for P vs E but for the friends and others they have on that server. They came to be with the people they've met, gamed with and wish to be a true part of us as a whole.

Okay then how do we make P vs E something we can integrate for the community site as well ?

1.) Ask guild leaders and others on the server to include non W vs W events on the server calendar.

2.) Here's an idea for a system we might be able to use similar to the W vs W reward system. SOR members leading " x " amount " of  P vs E events, dungeon runs, map clears, role playing events, etc. get a medal much like commanders do for leading W vs W events. I wouldn't suggest any type of a reward system for participants since some may be players from another server. We want to help our server members first before we do things for the entire GW 2 community. So how about " Mentor Medals " for server members who hold events for those of us in P vs E ? We should place a number of participants as a requirement for an event to count such as a minimum of 4 active SOR members that claim credit for the event here on the site. By doing this perhaps we can get more SOR members active here and newer players or those wishing to take part in our community to consider joining us on the server.

Open to comments and discussion about the idea here. I'd love to see this site used for more then W vs W. How many of us have enjoyed Soren's TEQ fights ? There has to be a way we can include this aspect of GW 2 along with W vs W and be working for other servers and having it benefit our server members here. There is a lot of diversity here on SOR and we've definitely not tapped into all of that yet.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 09/28/2015 at 10:08 AM

Ahiyo there Feathers o/

I totally agree with number 1, we used to have a lot more of PVE events on calendar before, it was so enjoyable as it helped in the daily mix of things to do, its surprising how fun a JP or dungeon can be with friends, dont underestimate it :D

On number 2 those mentor medals and at least 4 sor being on the events sounds good, i bet you can earn a lot of ppl by dungeon runs also, there are always low levs looking for help and specially story mode.

I usually go "adventure time" mode and help randoms when im free, thats how i recruit mostly or used to :P

Im into for PvE videos, long time i havent rund with NICE :P

Just not to forget about exoduses, this will always happen, poblation on servers are cyclical, comes and goes, what we need to remember and learn is how to treat the next generations :D

» Edited on: 2015-09-28 10:31:01

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/29/2015 at 02:42 AM

Perhaps we can get some experienced volunteers to calendar and run PvE events that would be appealing to everyone from the most casual of players to the most addicted WvWer?  

These events could be similar to what SORC runs have to offer; an easier, faster or at least a way to get something that is harder or impossible to come by through casual PvE or WvW, like guild commendations, daily Tequatl rewards, fast AR-free Fractal runs or even a zerg train to quickly do stuff like get hero challenges for hero points needed once HoT rolls in.

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 09/29/2015 at 08:37 AM

I'm all for it Jeff. There's a lot of talent on the server in W vs W and P vs E and the community site here would be a great hub to bring that all together. It would help the smaller guilds and well pretty much anyone here on SOR. The more people we get involved the more it should grow and the more things we would have to offer on the calendar. We are coming up on a new chapter in GW 2 with the release of HOT and there's also all of that which holds potential for raids and may other things as well. I could offer help as a mentor with map completion for people or exploration on a certain night. Filling up the majority of a map with SOR members would be really nice. What events and or help is everyone willing to do that we can list ? I would suggest help with story achievements or helping people wrap up loose ends before the release of HOT right now.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 10/01/2015 at 01:33 PM

What's this pee vee eee u speak of? ^_^

I'd get in on this, I need some gold, and building solidarity amongst sor is key. It would benefit us in so many ways. I don't know much about PVE, I've done fractals and dungeons a handfull of times, and I think my highest map comp on a toon is 45%. But I'm willing to help any way I can...

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved