Apr. 19, 2024
3:49 AM BST

Foghladha's November WvW Events. Borderlands 101

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 10/15/2015 at 06:50 AM

Hey everyone,

With the new borderlands arriving here soon i wanted to tale the chance to let you know for the month of november im not going to be worried about ppt. Instead i plan to use my events to show players the ins and outs of the new map. I want to make sure that we learn the short cuts, critical scouting spots and understand how each lord fights. I will largely be focused on keeping sor bl our color and may travel off to another bl to steal a keep and demonstrate the lord fight and how it scales to more people. Come December ill be back in the ppt grind but i want to make sure everyone learns the new bl first.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander GmaFoghladha.1853
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/16/2015 at 11:53 AM

Thanks, I think we will all need some guidance.

Esther Foghladha

By:

Commander LimeTwyst.4076

Replied On: 10/18/2015 at 11:48 AM

Everyone that wants to learn more about the new borderlands should definitely watch the first 40 minutes of:

***  the official Points of Interest #32 that was posted last month. ***

The limit of the guild claiming only objective at a time will make defending a keep by using the guild claim a tough choice over supply camp buffs. The old claiming camp after camp after camp for +5 as we move across the map is going away. And with three primary objectives on the borderlands to guild buff, we're going to need multiple guilds coordinating to claim and buff in order to hold an entire map.

Eager to see how we work this out and juggle the new strategies.

photo GW siggy norn.png

By:

Commander Dharkon.6481

Replied On: 10/18/2015 at 01:18 PM

Alternatively, bank guilds that trained enough in the Art of War to get +5 supply could be used intermittently to offset the loss in ability to claim multiple structures as a single guild.

-Dharkon

By:

Commander LimeTwyst.4076

Replied On: 10/18/2015 at 06:10 PM

Except only guilds that have a guild hall will be able to claim objectives, so unless you've got enough members in your bank guild to capture a guild hall, you won't get to claim objectives any more.

(and the ability to only claim one objective hasn't changed - that's always been there - it's just that previously there wasn't much incentive to build the defense upgrades and claim a keep or tower, so most guilds just kept the +5 running and nothing else - those other buffs mostly went the way of the dinosaur - a handful of times they got used. Now that defense buffs are super important in the Desert BLs, it's gonna be pretty attractive to claim and defend a keep, unlike the constant tower flipping of the past.)

Tactivator  (giggle) so many puns (in the wvw portion of the video)

» Edited on: 2015-10-18 18:15:29

photo GW siggy norn.png

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved