London
Apr. 19, 2024
1:49 AM BST

Are you as lost as I am?

By:

Commander Killeverything.7036
   Member of The Soul Rippers

Posted On: 11/03/2015 at 03:02 AM

Two weeks in the expansion and still clueless about the new Borderlands. Its like all of Google and Youtube are waiting for another person to post there videos first. LOL! I am not even going to attempt  the "Fake it till you make it" approach. To be completely honest I have no idea how the New Bl works as far as Home BL and enemy territory. Does anyone have  a time and date they will be online so I can do a couple hours of runs and get the feel of the desert? Otherwise EB till I die! 

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 11/03/2015 at 02:51 PM

I doubt you're the only one lost. Between Halloween and all of the new content unless you did nothing but W vs W I doubt anyone is an expert at it. There is much to learn about the game once again and I'm right up there with you about W vs W. I'm getting to know a bit more but like many I guess you could say I'm pleasantly over whelmed with so much to do once again.

The nice thing about SOR and it's commanders is that they tend to teach one another. Join in on some of the events posted on the calendar here and I'm sure that would help some.

By:

Replied On: 11/04/2015 at 02:34 AM

Definitely! thanks again grey for that help on the Guild hall.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 11/07/2015 at 07:07 PM

New bl isnt all that bad, its just to big for a close to death part of the game(except for T1-3). Has anyone been WvWing or moved to a higher tier? Since HoT dropped I've seen hardly anyone at all except for my Guild and GSCH a little. TS has been a ghost town other than 4-5 guild channels for over a month.  Even tiny servers like IOJ and FC have 4-5x our numbers :(

Before if ppl werent on I could solo or dual a keep with someone, but the lords are 10x tougher so roamers don't have squat to do but take camps. On my Tier 3 acct. EB has a queue most of the time and it's about the same numbers as before HoT dropped now the Halloween farm is over. I used to not be a fan of the idea of merging, but to save the game mode, I think it's about time. Or come up with a faction system of some sort. I'm just sad I have to go to eotm to fight somewhat even numbers. It's too bad because imo the new BL is much better than the eotm map. If CU or Crowfall came out right now I think GW2 wvw would probably die out 100%  I invite anyone to message me if you want to WvW or come to ecto Guild chan. Other than my moaning about WvW, I hope y'all are enjoying HoT(but get sick of PVEing very soon) heh

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Commander iTater.4209
   Member of Pink Quaggan Squad

Replied On: 11/08/2015 at 09:46 AM

New BLs are empty because nobody likes them and/or wants to learn them. SMC is hard to take even with an organized twenty because the lord is such a DPS sponge that the enemy could wipe, respawn, and make it back to wipe again before you flip SMC.

Professor Bannister, engineer

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 11/08/2015 at 04:17 PM

Actually the new BL's are taking sometime to get to know with all the possible elevation changes that have been added. I wouldn't discount roamers though because I have successfully taken keeps with just myself in a golem along with another player. Two people can take down the new lords and I've seen it done and done it. I don't play strictly as a W vs W player but I can understand the frustration of low numbers on the map. I plan on running some community events for W vs W once again after I have been able to comfortably navigate the maps. Right now the game has so much to offer that players are exploring a ton of new things and it will probably take awhile for things to settle into place.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 11/08/2015 at 06:03 PM

Yeah, it hasn't taken long to learn the map, but I think the verticality and the PVE middle event is(for lack of a more intelligent description) lame. And the auto upgrades don't help a super low WvW pop server like ours. With some work and help from the WvW community it could be made into a nice map for fighting. If they just really read the massive amount of threads about the problems about it on Anet forums, Reddit, gw2wvw ect. They would see there are some smart well thought out ideas to fix it. Most being quite easy to implement. 

On another note, eotm and pvp seems to be quite a bit more popular.People are actually fighting in eotm! Usually our side gets clobbered and is outnumbered 2-1, but things are changing. Either way, I'm really hoping WvW doesn't completely die. That's the reason I bought gw2 in the first place. Hf, hope to see u guys out there!

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev

By:

Commander abegeto.5340

Replied On: 11/10/2015 at 08:41 AM

There are things that I like and things that I don’t like about the new borderlands, but we need to adapt and rethink a few strategies as we get used to the new system. I'm not defending the new borderlands, I am just tossing in my two cents on how roamers can be effective.

Shrines and camps can be solo capped.

Towers can be solo capped as well. I have solo capped all the towers except for the north east tower. I have never had a chance to solo cap it, but I did duo cap it with Shorni. There may be a few more tactics we can use here. In the old borderland, only stealth classes were effective at hiding. The new towers are different. I have hid several times in the new towers without using stealth. They are large and the enemies aren’t very good at sweeping. I think that roamers should work on builds that can solo these towers. If no one can respond to mount a defense, just hide and flip it back.

Keeps do have a few issues. I had the honor of duo capping the East keep with GreyFeathers. He was in a golem, but it was still just the two of us. GreyFeathers is the man… err… the charr. Another note for people that want to hide in keeps. You now get the “marked” debuff for five minutes when you hide in a keep as it flips. Enemies can see you on their maps. If you get far enough away from the keep, then the mark goes away. In fact, just walking up to the front door of the keep seems to mark you. I have still managed to hide in all three keeps and portal people inside, but it is trickier now. Also, there are places to portal from outside the keep all the way to inner in all three keeps. Mesmers that hide inside the inner section can bring in a group (or GreyFeathers in a golem) and flip the keep back.

One last note on keeps, Shorni has taken the time to build a cata in a sneaky spot, knock down an outer wall, build a cata in a sneaky spot on inner, take down an inner wall, walk to the lord’s room and then call out in map chat for back up. It took a while, but a solo player forged a path to the lord’s room. Shorni is a beast and probably could’ve solo’d the lord as well, but didn’t want to show off.

By:

Replied On: 11/13/2015 at 10:18 PM

I've been doing a bit of running around with leslie and fog. Nice!

By:

Commander Sekkerhund.3790
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/15/2015 at 12:53 PM

While it's still too early to tell, my concern has been that the new maps would be a somewhat negative experience for the low tier servers.  They are so large and difficult to move around, given the new focus on 3D pathing.

If we're still seeing the same levels of activity ... oh say, by 2nd week of December, then we will probably have a good reason to be concerned  (gives folks time to get done with HoT and college kids come home for holidays).

What frustrates me a bit, is that they gave the sPVP maps more "beta testing" than they did for WvW maps.  It almost feels like we Siege Warfare PvP folks are being funneled away from WvW and into the sPvP system.  I assume that's due to the industry's shift towards an increasingly high player interest in small team, "MOBA" style of game design.

» Edited on: 2015-11-15 12:54:26

By:

Commander Excalibear.9250
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 12/03/2015 at 12:18 PM

I'm a bit late coming into this topic but if anyone still needs a tour on the new BLs, I'd be happy to show you around. I'm usually on from 6:00 am to 11:00 am PST. If that doesn't work for you, just send me a message and I'll see if I can be on when you are. I have a fairly flexible schedule so I can pretty much go on at anytime. :) 

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 12/03/2015 at 07:41 PM

Yeah, Arien knows her way around the DBL a lot better than I do. She's spent a lot of time in there. I know it fairly well, except when I(try to)take random shortcuts off the beaten path. She's out DBL spekittent ;)

BTW Arien, have you found the secret Quaggan area with the kittens? I meant to ask you today but I spaced it. 

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved