London
Apr. 18, 2024
11:24 PM BST

If you absolutely MUST play a ranger...

By:

Osu.6307
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 08/20/2014 at 05:21 PM

I would suggest a build along these lines.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNBHhVakRlWW7XxiFqWD4HULTgAo9N8vTrzlIgL4TF-TFyCABAcEAQ+UAAz+Dbq+TiKBzS5ne6Dm+BAQIgFrBA-w

I usually play a hammer warr, but occasionally I'll hop on my ranger when we're far ahead on points. Rangers do a couple things well. They can apply conditions (bleeds, in particular) and they can regenerate. This build takes advantage of those class advantages. This build is best for front line support. As far as utilities go, signets are the least bad choice. I like Earth runes for the added toughness and to get more protection procs, but Dwayna runes also work well and are cheap. For a little less utility and a little more support, put more points into nature magic to get nature's voice and be a shout healer. Sadly, shout utilities are all pretty bad so I am not a fan. 

For those who are good enough to melee with a ranger, I suggest sword/dagger and axe/warhorn. Sword skills give lots of free dodges and adds some maneuverability.  

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Xavier Eledhwen.6901
   Member of Every Victor's Immortality Lair

Replied On: 08/20/2014 at 06:05 PM

Thats Similar to what I have I have the Dire Armor and the Apothecary Trinkets. I might try those traits and see how it goes. and I went Dire on the weapons

By:

Osu.6307
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 08/21/2014 at 07:13 AM

And to those of you who like to play a power-based longbow build, I know what you are thinking, because I once thought the same way. Yes, properly specced longbow rangers have great range and can do some impressive dps with piercing arrows, but in order to do that, they have to sacrifice too much survivability. If you have the skill to play a decent zerker ranger, then you will absolutely dominate wvw as a tanky warr or guard.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved