Mar. 28, 2024
11:47 PM GMT

Unlocking Guild Halls

By:

Commander Lorax.9547
   Member of Gaslight Society

Posted On: 10/29/2015 at 06:42 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm guessing that at least one Guild here has unlocked a Guild Hall.  Before HoT went live, I remember the devs stating that there's a place for small Guilds, like the one I'm a member of, to enjoy the improved Guild system, including Guild Halls.  Unfortunately, I have only logged about 4 hours in HoT since it went live and haven't been able to really get up to speed on the new goodies.  I'm going to be logging on very little until about the middle of Nov.  When I do get back to serious log on time, is there anything in particular I should know about unlocking a Guild Hall? That is what my Guild is most interested in, followed by running Guild missions.  I know I'll need to log time in HoT, but is there any particular mission, or Mastery, or world event that is a prerequisite to unlocking Guild Halls, or makes it easier down the line?  I know we'll all have to earn Influence (or whatever currency required) I'm just looking for any "Gee, I wish I'd known that before I started" kind of information.  The same goes for new Guild Missions.  Again, I can read the wikis, watch dev videos, etc, but sometimes the best source is the people whom have actually completed the task and generally know what pitfalls exist.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lorax.9547 (Game handle)

Lorinfeld (Main character)

Gaslight Society 

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander MichaelESmith.6097
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/29/2015 at 07:28 AM

Well, the first thing I can say is that unlocking the guild hall is the easy part.  Get together your guild at Tarir city in Auric Basin, and execute the instance.  The event will scale up or down based on how many you have in your instance.  Once you have claimed the hall, then comes the hard part.  You need to father and craft the needed supplies to upgrade your hall giving you all the benefits your guild can acquire.  But some of the supplies can be rate and take a while to produce, so it encourages not only WvW play, but also PvE play to expand.

Your friendly neighborhood Smitty here!
Sif Ellisdottir - Gaiscioch [GSCH]
Maelgwyn Gryffud - Gaiscioch [GSCH]

By:

Commander Lorax.9547

Replied On: 10/29/2015 at 09:48 AM

Thank you, that is very helpful.  It'll be slow going, but I think we'll get there.  All of us do PvE and about half of us do WvW & SPvP.  With only 8 active members, we know it'll be a little while, but I think we'll have fum being the tiny experiment that tests if little Guilds can have nice things too.

By:

Commander MichaelESmith.6097
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/29/2015 at 11:24 AM

Well, we wish you the best of luck, and dont hesitate to ask anyone else on the server for help!  Im sure any one of us would be glad to do what we can!

Your friendly neighborhood Smitty here!
Sif Ellisdottir - Gaiscioch [GSCH]
Maelgwyn Gryffud - Gaiscioch [GSCH]

By:

Commander sscripko.5387
   Member of Archangels Haven

Replied On: 10/29/2015 at 04:29 PM

We did the unlock with 5 people.  Its not that difficult, and it gets easier with additional hot masteries.

The extra mission unlocks are very early on in the guild hall progress, so that should help you out and give your members additional personal rewards.

------

Archangels Haven [HALO] - WvW Command Team. Purchaser of the Golems. TS Administrator.

By:

Commander Lorax.9547

Replied On: 10/30/2015 at 02:17 PM

Thank you, that is good to know.  They'll enjoy that.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 10/31/2015 at 06:58 PM

Here's a link to the Dulfy guide. There was an even more detailed one I found the other day, but I can't find it. GL HF! 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dulfy.net/2015/10/23/gw2-guild-hall-claiming-and-upgrade-guide/&ved=0CCUQFjACahUKEwiQsPHVje7IAhUF5iYKHURoD-E&usg=AFQjCNGuY_e80ztr9qzhQwC-6gLKtw0k0w&sig2=d2-yKeAH9ny6hlZkvpf5NA

I'm quite excited for our arena to get fully unlocked. Some good fun to be had in the near future. Though I wish they were a bit bigger. They seem a little small for a standard gvg. But that might make gvgs in arenas to put aside the pirate ship meta since its a bit cramped with 30-40 players in there. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved