Apr. 20, 2024
1:02 AM BST

Some Inspiration for you all

By:

Commander Green Arrow.5689
   Member of Helioz

Posted On: 11/02/2013 at 01:47 AM

Evening ladies and gents  

So the past 2-3 weeks has seen a change in the way SOR normally goes about its business in wvw and I'm afraid to say it bought out the worst in all of us. In a quest for glory over the likes of BG and JQ and the potential of a season one victory we switched tactics from playing for fights to trying to maintain and keep ppt.

I have seen guilds turn on each other because of lost keeps and Queue times, I have seen commanders loose their tempers in TS, and I have seen people and commanders burn out because we have all pushed ourselves to far. THIS has to STOP ladies and gentlemen, This is not who we, the Rallians of SOR are, and this is not what I want to be a part of this community for, We are better than this and I never want to have to speak about such things again, all this because of PPT.

Last nights meeting descended into a farce if I'm honest with you ladies and gents. It was the first where I had seen  Rallians bicker and fight out loud, if this continues I'm not sure what will become of our community. I beg you to stop regroup and RELAX. Don't undo all the months of good hard work that each and everyone of you has put into the server.

We all know what to do, fight our corner, siege up our keeps and defend them to the hilt when its your time but DONT stress the ppt and force it. Just go out there have fun and enjoy the game and each others company.

PPT has never been our thing, we have proved time and time again that fights is where we excel, of the past 44 weeks in wvw since the turn of the new year we have only won 10 times, that's 34 weeks where we have finished 2nd or 3rd in ppt.

But has it ever got us down??? NO we stayed strong and kept to our values, we went out day after day, week after week to excel on the battlefield and not stress about points. It was a bond that united us all with a common cause. No matter how great the enemy, no matter how large their zerg we would rally as one, as Rallians to overcome the BG/JQ double team on our Garrison or open field. We would rally on our commanders and will them to lead us to glory and support them every inch of the way.

Our spirit would never waiver and we would never back down despite  having one of the lowest wvw populations in T1. You see we are the underdogs ladies and gentlemen, we do not have the untold riches of BG or the coverage of JQ. We have each other, our community, our teamspeak, our guilds, OUR SPIRIT.

And its this SPIRIT I want everyone to think about, think about the community and the friends you have made, think about the fun times we have all had together wiping forces larger than us, drunken commander nights, balla ball, flash dances, Karaoke, stonemist Olympics, 46 omega golem rushes, I'm sure there is more. These are the things that have bound us together, that have made us the great community that we are, and not the endless, mindless pursuit of PPT which we all know we hate and lets face it are pretty kitten at.

So what I say to you all now ladies and gentlemen is fck the ppt (pardon my French), go out there and fight, find the fights, take on the blob, whittle them down and destroy their souls, make them wish that they had never laid eyes on SOR, send them back to their towers and keeps and make sure they run scared. They can have their PPT, they can have their league win and their golden dolyak finisher, I mean seriously who cares. We will have our PRIDE  because we will be the ones who will never run from a fight, will never back down and will never be boxed into a corner, we will STAND together, as ONE, as RALLIANS.

so my final thoughts is a few choice words I have borrowed and adapted from one of the most famous leaders in British if not world history a man whose words inspired an island to stand and fight against a behemoth that could have changed the face of the world as we know it. That man is Winston Churchill.

Never in the field of rallian conflict ,was so much owed by so many, to so few, We shall defend our borderland, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

SO Go forth my fellow Rallians, ladies and gentlemen and be strong and do what you do best, FIGHT and NEVER SURRENDER destroy our enemies until they fight no more, but above all have fun, don't stress and don't burn out because at the end of the day its only a game.

Best as always

Green

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Axle.5182

Replied On: 11/02/2013 at 07:46 AM

The league is a tournament and it is only natural that people's PPT side creeps out were a server with pride not just as a whole but individually BG is our nemesis they wish to eat away at the glue that binds us together as Rallians.

Much of the frustration stems from us turning our backs on one another i can only speak on behalf of EU prime but there has been a sizable drop in numbers during this time and i have seen a decrease in the use of the TS and C Comm's.

I would not fear BG, the way they are conducting themselves is a mirror image of an EU server Seafarer's Rest not just content on winning but dominating by stacking itself to the rafters and trolling it's opponents on the forums this has proven to bring negative effects in the long term and the proof is in the pudding when large diehard SFR guilds such as ZD's packs up and joins BG for a while till the queues calm down.

ZD's hold no loyalty to BG they are simply mercenaries for hire when the league is over they will return to their native home SFR they are too much of an asset to SFR and the only thing that has forced their hand is the EU league bandwagon train that has pushed them out of their play time.

Take comfort that the majority of us are here because we want to be here. Im sorry that AFTL have not brought a considerable amount of players to the server in comparison to some of our opponents such as BG's COIN and ZD's, However we have not set a min/max time we wish to stay on SOR as far as we are concerned were here indefinitely we seek to integrate and merge both our EU and expand with those NA players that wish to join us into a single and improved force of AFTL.

We are not mercenaries we have taken no payment to come here and will certainly not be lured by such to defect from SOR, We will not shy away from ZD's nor COIN in fact we priority target those players over all else.

The Leagues are a sham in a proper league in sport you would not be allowed to switch your team around whilst it is in progress, not to mention apart from 3 servers the remainder would have had to be awarded some sort of handicap in order to compete.

» Edited on: 2013-11-02 07:59:27

Afterlife [AFTL]
Axle Gizmo - Officer (GW2)
www.afterlife-gaming.eu

By:

Commander xinhua.8712

Replied On: 11/03/2013 at 12:32 PM

» Edited on: 2013-11-04 21:45:37

By:

Commander Axle.5182

Replied On: 11/03/2013 at 01:50 PM

Regardless a very well done to everyone who followed the AFTL Commander on SOS bl in EU prime the wipes where not in vain Screenager took over command of SOR forces whilst the previous commander took a break i broke the rest of AFTL off with me to deny BG bloodlust and supply camps together we all held them up long enough in the south east tower that they did not benefit from the stomps and BG very well noticed.

Not to mention a well done on the other maps too BG had no bloodlust on any map whilst we where raiding that meant none of their stomps contributed to the scoreboard whilst ours did, that's the spirit :)

» Edited on: 2013-11-03 13:57:34

Afterlife [AFTL]
Axle Gizmo - Officer (GW2)
www.afterlife-gaming.eu

By:

mchampio.2754

Replied On: 11/27/2013 at 09:34 PM

wut's ppt? knight's gear?

That's the best part of SoR, it's all about what wvwvw really is, fighting and obliterating your enemies, who cares if they zerg your keep with 100 people at night after everyone logs?Everyone still had fun farming bags and showing dem baddies who's boss.

You guys have a badass community, don't worry about ppt, dem baddies can have their golden doly finishers, they'll never get to use them anyways since they
will be getting farmed all day:P

Miss you guys,
-Hector Ragnarok{DIE}

By:

Commander elthurien.8356
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 12/03/2013 at 10:36 PM

I read a post on the official forums today, where a Blackgate poster said that they beat us by denying us fights. I just shrugged to myself and thought, "yup, I can agree with that, but at least I'm enjoying myself when I get the fights". We prove to them time and time again, that we are better on the field, they can win their petty compekittenions and their season, they can buy guilds, spy and DDOS our teamspeak, but they can only beat us with superior numbers and even then, we have flipped that back on them before.

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 12/26/2013 at 03:34 PM

I am new to the WvW community, having just ventured forth out there for the first few times in the past couple weeks.  That being said, it is the mindset that was described in the OP that makes me WANT to venture more into WvW.  I am competative and want to win, but I want to win as a TEAM, united and having fun whilst we do it.   I would rather NOT trade those things, regardless of the score.

Well said, OP, well said.

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved