Mar. 28, 2024
5:47 PM GMT

My Role and the SanctumofRall.com Social Community

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 10/28/2012 at 12:24 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to go over what this site is and what should be expected. First off let me start off by dispelling any false beliefs or subtext. I am in no way your leader, I am in no way the Sanctum of Rall community leader. Please do not try to make me out to be some tyrannical leader trying to manhandle a server. That is not my wish and I do not have enough black hairs left on my head to try to helm a server. Running the Gaiscioch is enough of a job for me I do not need the extra burden that comes from trying to lead a server community as well.

What is SanctumofRall.com?

The SanctumofRall.com was built as a tribute to Roger "Oldroar" Rall, a dear friend of mine to tell the tale of his impact on our community and the devotion our community put into getting this server it's name. I added a forum so that we would have a place to meet and greet one another in a mature and friendly environment.

This site is for those who want to make friend, share adventures, and get to know one another. It is also a place where guilds can recruit new members, share stories, and enjoy some laughs here and there. I expect all who participate here to act in a mature, friendly, and respectful way.

Moderation

This site is not to be used for trolling, insulting, or tearing down the community. We will keep this community family friendly (PG) at all times. If we feel a post does not conform to our guidelines or has a negative tone it will be removed, yes I said "Removed". At times posts will be flagged "Admin Only" until one of our admin's can look it over and clear the flag. This is to be expected. We will also remove people's right to use this forum if they show the lack of courtesy to others and act in a disrespectful manner. We will not allow Roger's name to fall to insult fest's and badgering. If you don't like the policy nobody makes you come here. This site is to honor our friend Roger and I do not want it used to bully others or make people miserable. I don't think that's an unfair request. Again there is a pre established community you're welcome to participate in, you don't have to participate in this one.

Who Am I?

A player from our server said "Who are you to decide the course of Sanctum of Rall". I'm nobody. I don't want to decide the course of the Sanctum of Rall server. What I do want is to ensure that those that come here to sanctumofrall.com, are taken care of, are protected, and are treated as they should. I don't stand for trolling and bullying nor will I ever.

My role with this site is being the guy who built it. I try to moderate it, and select moderators that can assist me as best as possible but in the end I'm just a coder trying to protect those who abide by the rules. I make mistakes, as shown here painfully last week. I am not perfect. I am not some messiah that's going to lead you all to some promised land. (though I may occasionally lead you off a cliff in game ;)) I have a big heart and sometimes that gets me in trouble. I trust people too much at times and usually get hurt doing so. But I am persistent, and unmovable.

That said I full well expect people to try to character assassinate me. I expect people to try to tear the Gaiscioch and myself down to elevate their own position. Turn on the tv and watch politics, this is what people are trained to do. It happens. We are not the guild for everyone, we are the home for many. We make many enemies being so large and have a lot of ill conceived rumors that spread about us. This has happened in every game we've ever played. I will do my best and try to protect those that call this site home. I just ask that you respect one another and refrain from attacking one another.

In Closing

Simply put, I am human, I make mistakes, and I'm not perfect. I built this site to commemorate a dear friend of mine, and I will keep his house in order as I see fit. This is "My Home" as it has been for the past year as we crusaded to have it come to life, and will be for the next 5-10. For some of you this is just a server, for the Gaiscioch and I this is the crusade we fought for over the past year. That does not mean we "Own" the server. That does not mean we "Control" the server. It means that we fight for our home, will eat, sleep, and die by our home. I encourage you ALL, to not make this the "Server" you play on, but make it your home. Feel passion for it. Invest yourself in it. Treat those around you as your family. Put your heart into it and it will be your home. I hope one day we can all say Sanctum of Rall is Our home. We are all on the same team, and together we can flourish.

I want to thank all of you that have come to join this social community and look forward to the days to come. We will be here for the long haul so feel free to make yourself cozy and meet a few people. In the end it isn't the stats, loot, or achievements we take with us. It's the memories and friendships you make that travel with us from game to game. If you ever have a problem or concern come talk to me in RaidCall channel 1101. I'm on most days as I use raidcall for work too.

Slan go Foill!

» Edited on: 2012-10-29 09:20:43

» Edited on: 2014-10-11 09:22:13

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved