Apr. 27, 2024
1:39 AM BST

The Great Tyrian Adventure - Week 1 Feedback

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 02/05/2013 at 09:16 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to get your feedback on how you feel week 1 went. I know it was a bit confusing at first but I would like to hear your thoughts about how it went. Was it paced nicely? Did you feel like you were standing around for long periods of time? What was your favorite thing? Worst thing? Your feedback is important to us. I hope you all had fun. :)

Foghladha

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Rathamon.6945
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 02/06/2013 at 04:56 AM

I planned on leveling my alts that are in the level range for the area we will be running during the events.

The only problems I seen were that low level people in my case my level 9 did not get much in the way of XP because everyone killed everything before I could even attack it. The only thing I got XP for really was the POI, waypoint, vista or the tough event mobs.

Several things lead to this including the time it takes for a mesmer staff or scepter bolt to travel to the target or melee folks not able to hit anything because AOE would wipe the mobs before it got close.

The only real reasonable fix I see for me is maybe using a pistol to tag the mobs fast enough.

I do ALOT of group events, just about everyone we (GSCH) have and I know that a large zerg makes it hard to get points at times. I am more worried about new folks that may get discouraged from doing the events.

Other than that I had a blast as always.

Oh one more thing there seemed to be a large number of people that were not sure what the point of the event was such as was it a complete the map, just run the events, harvest ect.

I am sure things will smooth out after a couple of events and people see what we are doing.

By:

Cerulean.5142

Replied On: 02/06/2013 at 05:36 AM

It was fun and considering it was the first night it went rather smoothly. I can see where Rathamon is coming from as I did see most creatures drop usually just as they rendered for me. I really don't see any real way around this.

And with his statement about what the event was about, I did see statements along those lines in the group I was in. Normally the group leader handled them very well, but maybe a post going into some details/background etc. would help those that are confused.

By:

Juriasti.8297

Replied On: 02/06/2013 at 06:08 AM

First, many thanks to those that helped to organize these events! I had a great time last night and I'm looking forward to Kessex Hills.

Maybe next week, designate one commander as "level appropriate" for people running lower level toons rather than scaled 80s. I don't know that there would be much impact on XP earned for those players, but it's a thought.

Again, thanks for the event and the events to come!

By:

Commander Adoh.3094
   Member of Thala Hen Faer

Replied On: 02/06/2013 at 07:53 AM

It was a lot of fun, a bit crazy. It was tough for me, mainly because I wasn't in Raidcall (Mac user), so wasn't catching if there was verbal instructions given.

As some others have said, getting the hearts or kills on things for leveling lower toons was difficult because things died very quickly due to the massive amount of people. Not that I'm saying we need to rule out people with 80's. But I like the idea of higher level groups or lower level groups. The other option that I see as a possibility is that when at heart areas, those that already have the heart completed to stand to the side while those that haven't finished it work on the killing of items. Even with the ranger that I was playing with, if I did get a hit on a guy, I usually didn't get credit towards the heart because I hadn't done enough damage to it.
When we ran into events, if I wasn't at the front of the pack, one time boss kills were already dead by the time that I arrived, and I received no credit for the event because I couldn't get hits in (usually things were dead by the time they rendered).

As I said, I did have a lot of fun, and was crazy fun, will help once I find that beta of Raidcall that I heard is out there somewhere.

Hopefully I can get a few more levels on my alt so that I can join the Kessex run next week.

Thanks for setting this up!!! I know there's always a lot of details in things this large set-up to work out.

By:

BrightBlade.4580

Replied On: 02/08/2013 at 10:58 AM

"I planned on leveling my alts that are in the level range for the area we will be running during the events.

The only problems I seen were that low level people in my case my level 9 did not get much in the way of XP because everyone killed everything before I could even attack it. The only thing I got XP for really was the POI, waypoint, vista or the tough event mobs."

I have to agree with Rathamon.6945 Comment above. I had the same plan on leveling my one toon during this event each week. I started at level 2 and at the end of the night was only level 4. Ended up having to go back in the map, I just had over half the map completed by 8 pm.

By:

doreth.8574
   Member of Immortal Souls of Ascalon

Replied On: 02/09/2013 at 02:27 PM

i would have to agree with alot of the coments that the exp overall was very dificult to get, i was running with a lvl28 necro with condition dmg and since u only get exp from kills after a certain amount of dmg i was barely getting dmg in and i wasn't a low lvl... now i guess there would be difirent ways to fix this like mention above either have squads split by lvl range or even possibly running smaller squads.. in these lower lvls the game doesn't scale up enough for what we showed up with, smaller squads would probably help the rendering aswell, i know from what was being saidon raidrall during the event alot of the players wouldn't even get a chance to see what was there to kill...

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 02/09/2013 at 03:46 PM

One big factor that anet pointed out is that the intro zones dont scale. They are omitted from the scaling system. Will be looking into alternatives.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

lilacdlf.9028

Replied On: 02/09/2013 at 08:31 PM

I like the idea of smaller squads if possible. I have always had difficulties with super large groups in game. If not it won't stop me from attending :) I think my issues are more realted to my PC specs than my level and that is not fixable on your end.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 02/11/2013 at 09:31 AM

This week my squad will be for targeted zone levels 15-25 and we will add Jexia to the field as a 4th commander. Going to try to limit squads to 30-40. Good news is now that were out of the newbie zones event scaling is now on. Should help a lot of thw problems.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Coco.3021
   Member of Forge Fire Society

Replied On: 02/11/2013 at 12:15 PM

A bit late to the thread but I wanted to say I really enjoyed week 1 and I thought it went very smoothly, actually.

I didn't have any expectations of what to achieve; the group moved quickly, no time for standing around. I was able to get the PoIs, vistas, SPs and WPs that were being pointed out (which is more important to me since those can be tricky especially if surrounded by mobs), but not a lot of levels, which was fine as I didn't think there would be time enough to help everyone get quest completion anyway.

The only thing that threw me for a loop was that after the intermission, I wasn't aware that I was needing to turn map chat back on to see the announcements for who won the prizes. I was in RC though, so did eventually catch on.

'A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.'
- Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)

sketchblog

By:

Sleepcoma.9487
   Member of MadCast Gaming

Replied On: 02/12/2013 at 06:33 AM

It was a great event, but I do think that the lack of scaling in the starting zone made things a bit rough on anyone trying to do something more than map completion. However, there was a lot to be said for seeing that many people in one place working together. I think it was a good litmus test to show that this could be a successful event structure and that things will only get better as it moves along. Thanks for hosting.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 02/12/2013 at 10:10 AM

I think this week should run a lot smoother with 4 commanders, 1 for "Of Level" players and a map that scales based on players. We should be in for a good time.

Benjamin Foghladha

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved