Apr. 26, 2024
2:33 PM BST

The Great Tyrian Adventure Week 2 Feedback

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 02/12/2013 at 10:05 PM

Hey everyone,

Well 2 weeks down and 24 to go. How did you likes this weeks event? Did you find it more enjoyable than last weeks event? Post your feedback here.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Dragnflie.4753

Replied On: 02/12/2013 at 10:39 PM

I thought it was a sweet event!

By:

Beardtongue.5064
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 02/12/2013 at 11:52 PM

I got a lot of loot and made a few levels. I had a good time but still didn't win any prizes. As you pointed out, I have at least 24 more chances to win.

By:

meanddubby.3471

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 12:14 AM

I really liked the separation of levels. Last week I attended on my 80, and this time I brought my lowbie because I had not explored Kessex Hills on her yet. It was a slower pace and was easier to complete things within the group instead of things dying before you can even target it. Great idea =)

By:

LordBadger.6834

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 07:54 AM

I appreciated the separation by level, with lower level toons running with Fog. It is a great event. It would be nice for those not able to attend the entire event to be eligible for prizes. I am sure I am not the only one unable to stay for the entire event due to work commitments. Can we modify it to allow those staying for at least 1/2 the event to be eligible.

Great work by the leadership.

By:

obieo.8204

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 08:35 AM

I really liked the separation of levels as well. It was easier to complete things within the group instead of things dying before you can even target it. I stared the night with a level 17 and ended at level 21. Nice event and nice to level while clearing the map.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 09:35 AM

LordBadger, the biggest problem we face is people claiming participation when they don't attend. If your not there at the intermission theres no way for me to know if your really there or just some person claiming your there but not really there. Requiring people to be on site at the time of the raffle ensures that only those who are there get a chance to win. It's unfortunate that I live on the west coast and cant run these earlier.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

LordBadger.6834

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 11:03 AM

Yes, I am aware of that. It is an issue and one or two might spoil for the rest. I am delighted with the Tyrian adventure and look forward to the remaining of the extravaganza. Thanks again to the leadership for all your hard work.

By:

Commander Rathamon.6945

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 12:21 PM

It was much better this time, I ran my Princess Sedona Mesmer just like last time and was able to get alot more fun, XP and loot this time.

I think between the split level groups and the scaling it was much much better!

I had a blast!

Thanks again for listening to the feedback and thanks again to the leadership for having such a great event!

By:

BrightBlade.4580

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 02:40 PM

The split-level groups worked perfect. I was getting lots of XP and loot.
Thanks for the event! Had a blast and looking forward to next week's adventure!
Aslag

By:

Coco.3021
   Member of Forge Fire Society

Replied On: 02/13/2013 at 06:23 PM

I can only agree that I loved the fact that there was a separate squad for those that were of level for the zone - I've been slowly trying to level some alts and it really helps to have a group which gets you to those points that are in the middle of a swarm of mobs or that spawn some kind of crazy encounter - and to get xp from the kills, too!

Of course, I don't think there is a way to control it except hoping people comply, but it was hard to read who the winners were in map chat due to the grats spam.

Apart from that, I had fun meeting and chatting with people and I'm looking forward to next week. :]

'A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.'
- Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)

sketchblog

By:

Cerulean.5142

Replied On: 02/14/2013 at 05:42 AM

The spilt level where a good idea and worked fine.

Maybe for the future weeks when it is time for the prizes you could put everyone on mute and also announce the winner in RC. With everyone spamming chat it was hard to see the winning announcements.

By:

Forgary.2807

Replied On: 02/18/2013 at 08:01 AM

I find it unfortunate that it runs so late for east coasters. I can only do an hour of the three before I need to get to bed because I wake up so early. I think it's great that you break it up by level, I missed the first week so I don't know the issue the first week. I wish there was some way to have a start time for east coasters and west coasters. I only got to get a small part of the map completed. I do appreciate the event and all the work put in by those organizing it. I believe the time thing is a minor issue and that is overshadowed by running a good, organized event like you have been doing.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 02/18/2013 at 08:29 AM

Unfortunately im on the west coast and I cant ditch out of work before 5. Takes about an hour to get setup. One of the downsides.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Forgary.2807

Replied On: 02/18/2013 at 10:37 AM

Completely understandable Foghladha, hopefully I get more time in a few months.

By:

Sleepcoma.9487
   Member of MadCast Gaming

Replied On: 02/19/2013 at 09:39 AM

To play devil's advocate, I'm very appreciative that the event is from 9-12 EST. Due to family commitments, my gaming time generally starts when everyone else goes to bed so this works out great!

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved