Apr. 26, 2024
5:35 AM BST

Why the Griffon?

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 06/17/2014 at 12:11 PM

Greetings Everyone,

So this question has come up a few times as to where the Griffon came from as an icon i've used for the server since it's inception. 

Truth be told the Griffon has become a symbol of Roger since his passing. It began with his leadership. There were 5 levels of event leadership within the Gaiscioch. Roger was the first to unlock the 5th tier. Which we named after his fantasy creature of choice. Tier 1 is a single group (6+ Players), Tier 2 is multiple groups (24+ Players), Tier 3 is multiple raids for a solitary cause (72+ Players), Tier 4 is 2 units of 2 raids for a wide spread assault (96+ Players), Tier 5 was complete battlefield control managing 5 or more independent units totalling more than 120 players. In his time with us he lead more Griffon events than anyone.

When I asked him why the Griffon, why not a Dragon, or a Hydra. He replied that "Griffon's are both ferocious, yet graceful, they are cunning, yet elegant." This was the way he commanded on the battlefield. With ferocity, grace, cunning and elegance. He was a stand up gentleman both in the leader seat and out. He was respectful, acted with honor and integrity and would always be there for you if you needed to talk.

When I chose an icon to represent who he was and what he stood for the Griffon was an obvious choice. I hoped that our community would be Fierce, Elegant, Cunning, and Graceful. It took us a while but I am confident to say that today we are.

So that's where the concept came from and the Griffon icon is purely a tribute to the namesake of our server and a reminder of what we should aim to become.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 06/17/2014 at 08:52 PM

That's a beautiful story, Fog. Thanks for sharing.

Ferocious yet graceful. Cunning yet elegant.

I like that very much.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander Kyla.8524
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 06/18/2014 at 12:18 AM

That's a wonderful story and I love the griffon :) Thanks for posting this!

By:

Commander Gilaranel.4521
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 06/21/2014 at 05:59 PM

That is beautiful! I love our community! I am so excited to see people coming together and working together!

By:

Commander limetwyst.7039
   Member of Blood of the Martyr

Replied On: 06/23/2014 at 07:43 PM

Ah, nice. Thanks for sharing that story. Wonderful attributes to which to aspire.

GW siggy photo GW siggy.png

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved