Mar. 29, 2024
11:44 AM GMT

The Great Jungle Wurm (Triple Trouble)

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Posted On: 01/28/2014 at 01:05 PM

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone was trying to organize a major effort on the new boss on SoR? It seems that we are a bit lacking in coordination and effort as compared to when Tequatl first dropped. Did we want to try to put together some time when we want to attempt it?

Deso in EU is still the only one to beat it at this point. Strategies they used and videos are below.

Videos
Strategy

I really think voicechat (either raidcall or teamspeak) is going to be necessary for this fight (at least at first)

I'd be willing to assist in organizing something for this weekend if there is interest.

Basic Wurm Strategy Links

Overview of the fight

Elementalist Egg blocker video from Wooden Potatoes Need 3 eles per Wurm that can do this.

Crimson Wurm Guide from Reddit Good read thru. I recommend against running staff and Wall of Reflection on Guard though. Sword/Focus and Hallowed ground would be better. The Staff overwrites might stacks and has low dps. Sword/Focus has high auto-attack dps and focus has a blast finisher. Hallowed ground is a long fire field with stability.

TTS Strategy Guide

» Edited on: 2014-03-11 20:20:26

Kyne
Free of Fate

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Miss.5930
   Member of Archangels Haven

Replied On: 02/15/2014 at 03:18 PM

Hey Kyle,

Our guild members from Archangels Haven [HALO] would love to participate and coordinate the event if other guilds are interested. Contact me ingame if your guild or any guild you know would like to coordinate the wurm event together.

Miss [HALO]

By:

Commander buckeyecro.9614

Replied On: 02/25/2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm willing to help out and help lead a Head.

About what times do you guys play?

I play usually from 9-2am EST (6pm-11pm server time)

We probably should figure out a time window first, then tell people that we are planning to seriously attempt the event at that time. A large crowd will come more easily after we regularly decapitate one or more heads as large numbers are needed. Should we make a post on reddit and Anet's official forums, too? IF we can completely kill it, it would go a long way to helping our rebuilding efforts and building community. We probably should get other server's involved, too.

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Replied On: 02/26/2014 at 10:21 AM

I've done a few runs guesting on BG and from what I've seen, its very unlikely that we will get a kill on our first attempt. We would probably need to do several runs back to back and the best time for me to do it would be weekends (Sat or Sunday).

We need about 50 people per head. With the classes split up appropriately. We'd need a group of condi classes (Necro and Engi mostly) for each wurm and a group of Ele's using swirling winds to block the eggs also for each wurm. Those groups would need to be well informed and know what they are doing. All classes would probably need to be dps specced for the second phase (except the condi's) with food and sharpening stones.

I don't think we could expect cooperation from the other servers until we could get far along our selves. We would probably need the assistance of some of our larger guilds on SoR in order to build up the numbers until we get a good groove going.

My guild is rather small but I would love to help coordinate.

Kyne
Free of Fate

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Replied On: 02/27/2014 at 01:17 PM

Soren set up an event for this. Go check it out if you haven't already: http://sanctumofrall.com/events/1707/

» Edited on: 2014-02-27 13:17:51

Kyne
Free of Fate

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 02/28/2014 at 07:28 AM

To be honest, I'd love us to aim a little higher and try to coordinate daily Tequatl and Wurm attempts on the server. I'm seeing a lot of my guild guest somewhere else and rep TTS to get it done. I'd love to bring it home to SoR.

This effort definitely is helped by the new TS.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander Soren.9316
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 03/01/2014 at 01:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken EG does a Teq run a couple times a week. If that isn't a good time for you guys I have no problem doing a weekly Teq run on SoR at 8pm on say Monday or Thursday- > I am a leader at the 10pm TTS runs so I do see lots from SoR running with us so it would be nice to do Teq a bit more on our home turf :)

---------------------------------------
LGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Replied On: 03/02/2014 at 11:42 PM

Nice first try on the Wurm tonight guys.  Hopefully we'll get a better turnout next time.  Overall though it was a lot of fun.

Kyne
Free of Fate

By:

Commander Soren.9316

Replied On: 03/03/2014 at 12:12 AM

I agree, well done to everyone that came out! We almost had crimson down, if we'd had 15 more seconds we would have had him! As per popular vote in TS the next event is Saturday 8pm PST -> we will be done in time for GTA so now worries about that =p

Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Miss.5930
   Member of Archangels Haven

Replied On: 03/03/2014 at 10:32 AM

[HALO], [Aco], and [DaP] will lead the 3 wurms' heads. Seven other guilds will also be joining us for the Wurm Event on March 8th. We already had our meeting and discussed general strategies. If your guild would like to participate, please msg me ingame for details.

By:

Commander Soren.9316

Replied On: 03/03/2014 at 11:18 AM

Thanks for looking into that Miss. I'm hoping we can get a lot more people out with it being a Saturday and all that :)

Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

katubug.6378
   Member of Starbuck

Replied On: 03/08/2014 at 12:32 AM

I've let my guild know, and with luck, we'll be there in force.

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Replied On: 03/11/2014 at 08:21 PM

TTS Strategy Guide

http://ttsgamers.com/strategy/great-jungle-wurm/

» Edited on: 2014-03-11 20:21:54

Kyne
Free of Fate

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved