London
Apr. 24, 2024
7:34 PM BST

Voice communication

By:

Commander KooZ.7619
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 11/05/2012 at 03:36 PM

This is not a debate or anything, just a suggestion that should be considered and be done.

When Gaiscioch hosts any WvW events or groups, GSCH should have at least the commander of the group to go on TS3 and Raidcall 5012 to be able to communicate with everyone.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/05/2012 at 06:58 PM

Its a lot of work for someone to live in 2 voice coms and type orders to the pugs at all times. Kooz I welcome you to try it. Me personally listening to 2 voice comms at the same time drives me insane let alone trying to type orders to map chat. I'm not that talented I'm afraid. My events are more laidback than that. I try to stay off other commanders battlefields. I usually look for the battlefield with nobody on it.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Akaizhar.3956
   Member of Ravenkin

Replied On: 11/06/2012 at 08:01 AM

Another option that I've done in the past is to have the Commander only talk in voice chat and have a designated person to type in map chat for the Commander. This seemed to work well in DAoC when our group would lead RvR or other activities. That way the Commander can concentrate on what they should be concentrating on, and not communicating on all channels.

I would be happy to do that in any of the groups I'm in.

Photobucket

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/06/2012 at 08:26 AM

I personally control my troops with raidcall and then relay what were doing over map chat to the other commanders. With 70+ in 1 channel in raidcall I can't imagine hearing 50+ at the same time. It is like being in on the floor at e3 trying to carry on a cellphone conversation. Too many voices and you can't desypher who's speaking and from where. Calls like inc sout. Is he talking about our force or the other on the far side of the map. It adds a whole layer of confusion and makes me less effective as a leader. I've done it in the past and nothing good came of it.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander mishi.7058
   Member of Ethereal Serenity

Replied On: 11/07/2012 at 03:09 AM

If someone is scouting:
They say it with a number of enemies, direction, location, ect... in it.
General information of "enemies incoming" is nearly useless, and doesn't help when directing people all over a map, or multiple groups. Though specific information does.

However I do agree that GSCH should appoint someone who can/will relay back and forth through the WvW TS3. Mainly due to many people from many guilds/in no guild at all using the TS3 for WvW, and better communication is good in the end.

Not everyone can type due to being in PvP at a moments notice, and it does increase the efficiency of communication across the server. (Not saying "GSCH officer has to do it") Just appoint someone who is on for that event as a liaison to do it.

Caedas used to run events, set specific party leaders, a person in TS (or multiple people.) and another to type out Caedas objectives and communicate with the masses/other guilds. It was very organized and helped a good bit when GW2 1st launched and everyone was all over trying to even learn to WvW if they hadn't taken part during one of the beta weekends.

It might also help kill a headache you might have, then again I don't know how WvW oriented GSCH is when they do WvW events. So it's all suggestions.

» Edited on: 2012-11-07 03:09:43

By:

replicant.3620

Replied On: 11/07/2012 at 04:34 AM

To keep it simple Silvannas the way a GSCH Event works is you show up and you join in. It doesn't matter if you are guilded, alligned, or not. However, outside of RC you are pretty much on your own unless a leader decides to type something in random chat. And when it comes to working with other Commanders if they aren't in RC and taking part in the event, then you have a 50/50 chance of gaining assistance depending on the Commander and how it pertains to the event. Hope this clears things up.

Bear "replicant" Powell
"I am Shaolin-Style!"

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | This Bridge Is Ours [DAOC] | Sanctum of Rall

By:

Commander elthurien.8356

Replied On: 11/07/2012 at 05:17 AM

I haven't run a GSCH event for a few weeks due to work, when I was running my midnight event I would appoint one of the players to type in team chat our basic plan from raidcall and another for squad chat. At the end of the day the majority of us are casual players, myself included and we have a 'play how you want, when you want' attitude. I have number of commanders that I work really well with, Miasmic, Bavragar and Alpaca mainly and I like it that way, they are great fun and they are always on after midnight. I rarely use Teamspeak or even Raidcall outside of events, I enjoy team chat even if it does have spies listening in. I'm not here to win, I'm here to fight.

By:

George Welch.4019

Replied On: 11/07/2012 at 05:56 PM

A thing to keep in mind is that all leaders lead differently.

Some are willing to dual VOIP.
Some have a person write what they say in team.
While others both lead in their VOIP and write in Team.

It's really up to the leader of a group to do what they feel most comfortable with. I agree that in certain ways being in multiple voips can have some benefits, but to some leaders its just doesn't work well for them in that way, and when they do it their way they in turn have better results.

I won't ever say a certain way is the best. Because in my opinion none of them are in my book, Everybody leads in their own certain way, and if you try to force them to do otherwise it can have negative results.

It's really best in my opinion to let the leader lead their way. If they want to dual voip.. okay. But theres alot of leaders out there that usually don't dual voip. Alot of leaders lead in a single voip and type in team chat. After all its only a 2 second delay to be honest.

ex. I could say, okay guys we're going to attack Redbriar. it would only take me 2-5 seconds to type it into team chat. If the other team wants to stoop to spying on our team chat then let them. Even if we don't type in team chat, a spy can easily pick out any commander on the map and where their headed, so there really shouldn't be a fear of them reading our chat.

By:

Commander KooZ.7619

Replied On: 11/10/2012 at 06:07 PM

I don't mind being on both VOIP and will always be there when I host my events and am willing to be on both to communicate even when I'm around for the event of someone else.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved