Apr. 25, 2024
6:24 PM BST

Re: Gaiscioch, Foghladha, & Sanctum of Rall

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 04/04/2013 at 12:37 PM

Greetings Everyone,
I wanted to bring something to light and get this out in the open. Over the past few weeks I’ve heard rumors circulating about various guilds and leaders leaving Sanctum of Rall.

Well yesterday I got a heart felt email from a member of the community saying they will miss me and they are very sad to see me go. I was told that they understand why i’m transferring to blackgate. A few weeks ago someone else told me that I was transferring to blackgate. Now IF I’m transferring to Blackgate, I can honestly tell you that I would know about it before all of you.

I’m not sure who’s spreading rumors about our leaders in WvW but if you hear someone is leaving Sanctum of Rall I implore you to please ask them and report who told you such a thing. I have heard many rumors over the past 3 weeks about other guild leaders or wvw leaders leaving the server or quitting all together. It’s becoming painfully apparent that someone out there is trying to stir the pot and get sanctum of rall to break. Several of the GSCH officers have been also told that they were leaving GSCH and transferring to another server.

GSCH & Sanctum of Rall
I hope by now, those of you who know us, know that if we are rank 1 on rank none the GSCH will be on Sanctum of Rall. If the day comes when Sanctum of Rall is no more and the server is closed, GSCH will not transfer, it too will go down with Sanctum of Rall. We fought for the tribute of Rall for over a year. From office visits, to mass cookie sending, to a massive letter writing campaign, we campaigned to have a tribute for our dear friend Roger.

Why in the world would you think a Guild who fought so hard and so long to have a server named after a friend would call it quits after 6 months? He was a hero to most of us, a legend to some of us, and his honor is more important to us than any rank, or rating, or loot we will ever find in this game. To question that is simply ridiculous.

The Gaiscioch [GSCH] will NOT be leaving Sanctum of Rall. Even if it falls to last place. Even if everyone else leaves the server and we are all thats left, we will still call Sanctum of Rall home. When Sanctum of Rall closes, Gaiscioch leaves Guild Wars 2. That’s how it is, that’s how it will be, we aren’t going anywhere. Period.

I hope all of you can find a hero that makes you stick by your choices to the extent of being willing to endure hell if it means that you honor their name. Through the good times and the bad we will stick by our choice and honor our brother Roger “Oldroar” Rall.

Foghladha & Sanctum of Rall
Simply put, I was here when the announcement that Sanctum of Rall would be a server in GW2 hit my mailbox just before beta. I will be here on the last day this server is online. Roger was like a father to me, and everything in Guild Wars 2 reminds me of him and what he taught me. To walk away from that would be walking away from his memory. It’s not something I will do unless forced.

If you want to test my integrity and perseverance, let it be known that in 1981 I like tigers. I was 3 years old and decided I wanted I wanted to be a Cinncinatti Bengal fan because they had tigers on their uniform. Today I am still a proud Cinncinnati Bengal fan. I grew up surrounded by 49er and Raider fans in the bay area and teased for my loyalty to “such a kittenpy team”. Winning and losing doesn’t matter to me, what matters is saying what you do, doing what you say, and sticking by your principles not only when it’s easy but most of all when it’s hard.

Bottom Line
Don’t believe the rumors.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 04/04/2013 at 12:41 PM

Honestly someone is trying to fragment the Sanctum of Rall community from within. Be vigilant and if people tell you such things chase the "hearsay" back to it's source. Lets find who's starting these ridiculous rumors.

» Edited on: 2013-04-04 12:41:45

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

tkalamba.2541
   Member of Pain Train Choo

Replied On: 04/04/2013 at 01:05 PM

This sounds kinda like someone from the opposing server is trying to show our community isn't as strong as we say it is.

We'll have to show them otherwise. I'd like to know who has been spreading the rumours.

» Edited on: 2013-04-04 13:26:17

By:

Kalla.4290
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 04/04/2013 at 03:29 PM

That '89 Superbowl. Joe Montana to Jerry Rice *shudder*.

User submitted image

By:

Commander harvest.3108
   Member of Oceanix

Replied On: 04/04/2013 at 08:55 PM

When OCX moved to SoR we didn't make our home out of straw, or wood. It's a brick house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpEZJmsZOmQ

User submitted image

By:

Cyrexae.4138

Replied On: 04/05/2013 at 09:09 AM

Well said Fog :)

User submitted image

By:

imagetaker.6807

Replied On: 04/14/2013 at 03:41 PM

Just wanted to reiterate what Fog has stated. He isn't leaving and I will follow him until he leads me off a cliff.... well, I will even follow him then :)

GSCH is probably the best guild I have ever been in (and all the guilds on SOR are great) and we are a tenacious bunch - our core is strong and when we say were staying, dagnabbit - we're staying and no young whippersnapper is going to chase us off by spreading gossip and rumors - goldarn carpetbaggers.

yeah - I'm old :) Roger was a great person and I would have followed him into battle any time. This is where he would be fighting and probably still is - watching down yelling "Charge!" as we rush in to save or take a keep/tower - and since he's still is here - that's where Gaiscioch will be, too.

Gaiscioch Forever! Sanctum of Rall Forever!

Morigana of Braavos - engy
Morigana of Asshai - Necro
Morigana of Dragons - Ele

By:

Thracecius.8296
   Member of Power Of The Elements

Replied On: 04/14/2013 at 10:06 PM

For what it's worth, you can count on the support of Power Of The Elements [POTE], Gaiscioch. Our guild is small and still learning the ropes, but we're proud of our server's community and we look forward to becoming a bigger part of it in the future. Thanks for giving us a banner to rally around. :)

-Belden Surestrike
POTE Guild Leader

User submitted image

By:

WarriorOfAsgard.3705
   Member of The Warriors of Asgard

Replied On: 04/16/2013 at 07:38 AM

The Warriors of Asgard will be here to the end as well. Our core group is just as stubborn as GSCH.

Leader of The Warriors of Asgard [WoA] & The Order of Truthseekers [OoT] ~ DJ for BlackStarRadio.net
"Without the nightmares there would be no dreams. Without the dangers there would be no wonders."

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 04/16/2013 at 09:17 AM

Quite honestly I would be dumbfounded to hear that any SOR guild was planning on leaving. We have an awesome community going and it's only a matter of time that our efforts pay off. Slow and steady wins the race.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 12/02/2013 at 02:38 PM

Guess what rumor is circulating again.

Our place does not matter to us, Our legacy is what matters.

We are here for the memory of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. We will not leave until they kick us out. Period. Silly Rumors tricks are for kids!

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 12/04/2013 at 12:42 AM

I did hear rumors, but I am not really sure what to believe even if I ask.
I accidently talked to DIE guild leader before they left, and he assured me he is guild leader and DIE never leaves. And ppl confirm they left. Sadly, from my experience, when there is rumor, very often they end up true. It doesn't matter if I ask or try to talk to clue ppl together, so I kind of give up trying now.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 12/04/2013 at 10:19 AM

Well Wayne, this rumor you don't have to worry about. GSCH is built on honor, integrity, respect and fellowship.

What does it say about our honor when we turn our back on a fallen friend?
What does it say about our integrity when we go back on saying we will never leave?
What kind of respect do we hold for a dear friend of ours when we quit just because we're not winning?
Where's the fellowship in committing to a community to just bail when times are tough.

The idea of leaving Sanctum of Rall is against everything Gaiscioch believes in and stands for. I am the ONLY guild leader in Gaiscioch, and am the Founder. I cherish Roger's memory, his legacy, and I will NEVER tarnish his memory by abandoning him. To you this may be a game, to me this is the only thing I have left that reminds me of Roger. I won't let go of that. This is simply not even something I would consider and is quite offensive that someone thinks me a person that would even consider something like that.

No, I will be on Sanctum of Rall until they close this server. I said it 6 months after launch and I'll say it again. If you hear someone say GSCH is transferring you can reply that perhaps they've sniffed one to many leprechaun farts because we aren't going anywhere.

Number one, or number none, Sanctum of Rall is home forever.

Furthermore, I am a HUGE fan of fighting titans. I hate being #1 because you have nobody tougher to face. There's nothing more memorable than taking down a force twice or even three times your size. When we choose a battleground we go for whichever one we own nothing, the one with outmanned is preferred. Dominating our opponents is my nightmare. I like a hard fight and Sanctum of Rall is in a perfect situation to have hard fights every step of teh way. I don't care if we're first place, I care if theres a foe to kill. Dominating your opponents just means they quit and stop fighting. A map completely owned means you have nothing to gain and everything to lose. A map completely lost means you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Opportunity is at our doorstep and I will continue having the time of my life beating up Blackgate and JQ as long as they're thrown at us. I like the odds, I like the challenge, and I love the fight.

» Edited on: 2013-12-04 10:30:32

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander irishrose.9580

Replied On: 12/04/2013 at 11:31 AM

I think its pretty sad when people have to spread rumors regarding Gaiscioch. It shows me they have no clue about this guild, our leader, or the reason our guild is here in the first place. It's kind of sad to think that so much effort is wasted by these rumormongers to try and cause a stir. Shows me that they either must be preadolescent males with nothing else to do, or someone who has a problem with the concept of honor and integrity. We had a saying in the Marines "Sempre Fi". It is known by all Marines. For those unfamiliar with Latin it stands for "Always Faithful". It means always faithful to your country, and your fellow Marines. We pride ourselves on this motto and I believe it also applies to Gaiscioch. We show this in our daily actions both in game and out of game.
Sempre Fi!
Caitlin

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 03/11/2014 at 10:01 PM

Despite the rumors floating around gsch still isn't leaving.

I know in the past people have said they were here to stay and then turned and leave. Let me ask you something. When have I broke a promise to you all? I said I'd give away 100 in game tshirts for Gta season 1 and we did. I said we would give 5 2500 gem cards and we did. I said we would give away a precursor in season 2 and we did. I said we will give away 7 legendariea, and 9 mystic forged items all valued over 100g and we will. We love Sanctum of Rall so much that gsch ponied up 30,000 gold in prizes for season 3. We spend time building legendaries gathering materials and organizing this. Why? Because we love you guys and we want to say thanks for being here. Plus it attracts attention to our home.

The only way we are leaving Sanctum of rall is if they take it offline. When that happens we leave Guild Wars 2 all together. We should never cross your mind as a group of people that will abandon you. We're here for the long haul no matter what's in store for the future.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Kitty.6219

Replied On: 03/12/2014 at 04:52 AM

I think the rumors started again because we will also be in Elder Scrolls Online. But many of us are going to keep playing Guild Wars 2 :3

I remember when Skyrim came out and I didn't touch anything online for MONTHS :B

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 03/12/2014 at 11:25 AM

The vast majority of the folks doing Elder Scrolls Online are our RIFT players and Warhammer Players that didn't find GW2 to their liking. Keep in mind Gaiscioch has more than 5,000 members, only 800 of which play GW2 atm. The RIFT community didn't come entirely to GW2 as it lacks raiding. We had over 2,000 active players there. Those people want somewhere to play with us. ESO is that place. Even still atm we're looking at only 1,400 players playing ESO. Still a lot of family in the wind.

Does this mean GSCH is leaving GW2? No absolutely not. We have many players who will be sticking with GW2 and even more players that will be doing both.  In fact the announcement we would be playing ESO caused a 26% increase in our Guild Wars 2 activity. We had over 100 players join our Guild Wars 2 and transfer to Sanctum of Rall to play with us upon learning about our community in ESO.

We will be continuing our traditions here until the lights go out. I'm already working up plans for Great Tyrian Adventure Season 4. GSCH is a very focused community. We don't branch into every game under the sun. We only branch to up to 2 games at a time. Guild Wars 2 will be one of those games until they close Sanctum of Rall. Whether thats a year from now or a decade from now we'll be here.

» Edited on: 2014-03-12 11:27:58

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Zanaraxtarus.3954

Replied On: 03/19/2014 at 08:21 PM

Every time I read something like this from you I am that much more positive that I am in the right place!

So glad to have found Gaiscioch! And I am very happy that The Family has chosen the only two games I plan on playing for the foreseeable future. I am one of the many who will be in both GW2 and ESO..... GW2 at night with the wife and ESO in the day time before work....or at night when she's at the club with the girls :)

-=Zan=-

By:

Commander lanfear.9802
   Member of Spectral Legion Gaming

Replied On: 03/26/2014 at 03:54 AM

Hmmm similar rumors were circulating within Aco about us transferring. We will stay on SoR. That's all I have on this topic. 

By:

Kalla.4290

Replied On: 03/28/2014 at 08:51 AM

Is this ACO the Acolytes from Rift? If so I played on Sunrest server against you and I am so glad we are on the same side this time.

User submitted image

By:

Commander GmaFoghladha.1853

Replied On: 04/05/2014 at 09:51 AM

I'm definitely staying.  This is the first place I've come and the family has never let me down.  GW2 is the only thing I play because of my budget. If I need help, they find time to help no matter what time of day it is.  I couldn't ask for a better family. SOR has been very loyal to their causes, inside and outside of the game and I am proud to be with them.

Esther Foghladha

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved