8:56 AM GMT

WvW War Council Elections - Vote Now

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Posted On: 05/16/2014 at 09:36 PM

SOR WAR COUNCIL PROPOSAL

1. GOAL
    1. Nominate, select, offer to, and see acceptance from 5 SoR members from multiple timezones and multiple guilds to become members of a server Wvw War Council
  2. REQUIREMENTS
    1. Member of SoR
    2. Active WvW Commander
    3. Willing to be regularly active in the private War Council portion of the SoR website
  3. DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
    1. Maturity
    2. Responsibility
    3. Assertive
    4. Knowledgeable in WvW
    5. Display leadership qualities
    6. Desire to improve the server community
  4. DUTIES
    1. Determine the direction of server
    2. Facilitate the public Wvw reset meetings on a rotational basis
    3. Manage the War Chest
    4. Recruit and interview potential transfer guilds
    5. Manage the SoR Community guild
    6. Administrate TeamSpeak (select leaders)
    7. Administrate the SoR website (select leaders)
    8. Representative for SoR members to communicate ideas and issues to
  5. COMMUNICATIONS
    1. Private forums access
    2. Facebook
    3. Steam
    4. Cell phone (texting possibly)
  6. PROCEDURE TO BECOMING A WAR COUNCIL MEMBER
    1. NOMINATIONS
      1. 7 day period of time for SoR members to visit the SoR website and share their nominations or nominate themselves in a public nominations thread in the forums
    2. VOTING
      1. 7 day period of time for SoR members to visit the SoR website and vote on their top 3 choices out of those nominated in the previous week via a private poll
    3. SELECTIONS
      1. Top 5 nominees with no more than 2 per guild with most votes are considered selected status and offered a War Council position through this thread.
      2. In order to officially become a council member, the selected members have to publicly accept their selection for a War Council position through this thread.

» Edited on: 2014-05-25 11:25:58

» Edited on: 2014-05-25 11:27:07

» Edited on: 2014-05-29 16:04:28

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/16/2014 at 09:37 PM

Post your nominations for War Council members below.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/16/2014 at 11:12 PM

I nominate Foghlada and Hella Vanka from GSCH.

By:

Wiselash.7615
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/17/2014 at 03:05 AM

I nominate 

1. Xivor

2. Thealus/Ricky

3. Foghlada

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 05/17/2014 at 05:25 PM

I recommend:

1. Little Wise Owl.6795

2. Xivor

Those are the 2 I see using the site, facebook, and teamspeak the most to get the word out.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Soren.9316
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 05/17/2014 at 09:15 PM

1. Little Wise Owl

2. Xivor

3. Fog

---------------------------------------
LGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Xx Hades Shadow Xx.6240

Replied On: 05/18/2014 at 01:55 PM

I would like to nominate the following:

1. Xivor.  His activity and leadership has been something this server needs, He brought forth this idea and he is one of the most deserving people to be in it.

2.  Hades.  The reason I'm nominating myself is so that smaller guilds will be able to have a say in the larger aspect of the server.  I command, I'm on at all raid times, and I do my best to support the pin, even if I am not tagged up at the current time.

3. Little Moscow.  He has been a faithful co-leader of IMPS and he is doing everything he can for the server although he has a busy schedule.  

Guild Leader: The Impact Players [IMPS]

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 05/18/2014 at 06:18 PM

1. Xivor- stepping up a lot now that previous leaders moved on

2. People might disagree with me on this but either fionn or phineas poe - I honestly think we would benefit with one of EG's leaders on the council

3. Hades-I do see him everyday while i'm on giving support where needed 

Officer of [FIRE]Chariot of Fire also known as ProteinBar

By:

Commander bowtiger.9726

Replied On: 05/18/2014 at 07:49 PM

1. I also vote for Xivor because i see him building SoR back up to its former glory.

2. myself because i also would like to see smaller guild not left out on server related problems

3. I also vote moscow because he is good with all rages with the guilds and server.

By:

Commander destoyer of lives.7963

Replied On: 05/19/2014 at 01:57 PM

The people I nominate for the council are as follows.

1. Xivor, for the fact he can be a leader and has stepped into the role very well.

2. Hades, he is always leading, always in teamspeak and always helping out where he can.

3. fog, because he has done a lot for the SoR community.

4. The Moscow Mauler, I have started leading again and love the community and have helped everyway I can. I have even convinced people to come to our home of SoR. I feel I can do a great job representing the server if given the chance.

» Edited on: 2014-05-24 10:08:19

The Southern Superman AKA the Moscow Mauler....SoR superstar and one of the leaders of IMPS.

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/20/2014 at 06:47 PM

I'd say

The Moscow Mauler from IMPS

Thaelas (ie. Ricky) from ZerO

They are the ones that I trust without any question and objective.

By:

Commander houki.4173
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/20/2014 at 08:40 PM

1) Moscow

Nuff Said.

By:

Commander marionimous.5961

Replied On: 05/21/2014 at 04:02 AM

I nominate these people:

1.) Combat Medic Xivor - very mature, handles all kind of situation very well even under stress and pressure. Has stepped up for the server after *censored* left. Very kind, very patient, and is continually improving when it comes to commanding. Though I wish he would practice placing siege more, cause he sometimes put sieges facing the wrong way :D

2.) The Little Moscow - very kind, very funny, has a knack for times of when to get serious and when to joke around. Very approachable, very mature, and always find time to help the server in anyway he can.

3.) Thaelas Requiem - very funny, very kind, very cool and what can I say he has so much WvW experience that he can share with everyone. He also handles arguments really well, always calm, easily approachable, and from where I stand I can say that he has so much to offer when it comes to WvW.

» Edited on: 2014-05-21 04:05:24

Cthutulu - Guardian
Ground ZërO [ZërO]
Sanctum of Rall

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/21/2014 at 02:34 PM

Thanks for all the activity!  Get the word out about this thread so we can get the widest variety of nominations!  Remember, Commanders to be nominated.  I am sure there are a few that have not been mentioned.  I can think of a few from GSCH and EG, and some other guilds possibly as well!

On that note, I would like to nominate SScripko (though I am not sure if he would be accepting of such a position).  He did step up to fill a void with the TS, but he has always been an active role in our WvW community, commanding on occasion, and supporting our community.  He is level-headed, mature, responsible, and seems to know the ins and outs of the battlefield quite well. As well, he saw a need for the community, and he filled it (even considering the financial burden he will have now), which is an example of his dedication to this community.

By:

Adventicus.8415

Replied On: 05/22/2014 at 06:55 AM

Xivor, moscow, bowtiger

By:

Commander Testing.1234

Replied On: 05/24/2014 at 05:00 PM

Hades, Lady Briarslippers, Ferdinand The Bold, Moscow, Xivor

By:

Commander ChibiXTora.2730
   Member of Every Victor's Immortality Lair

Replied On: 05/24/2014 at 05:52 PM

I would like to nominate Moscow and Hades  From IMPS for WVW War Council Because They Are awesome at WVW,  what they have done for SOR, they have patience in teaching WVW, they are very nice guys to run with :) They are top notch Commanders  

Signed 

Chibixtora :)

By:

Commander kimchifubo.7980
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/25/2014 at 10:49 AM

Fog, Xivor, and Moscow

-Licosa

By:

Commander sscripko.5387
   Member of Archangels Haven

Replied On: 05/25/2014 at 11:56 AM

Erm, Ferdinand the Bold is me, so we probably want to delete that option in the poll.

------

Archangels Haven [HALO] - WvW Command Team. Purchaser of the Golems. TS Administrator.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 05/25/2014 at 12:06 PM

Done :)

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander sscripko.5387

Replied On: 05/25/2014 at 12:17 PM

Not sure what I would have done if both of them won.  I mean, vote twice for everything?  Create an alter-ego?

------

Archangels Haven [HALO] - WvW Command Team. Purchaser of the Golems. TS Administrator.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 05/25/2014 at 12:21 PM

haha, do you have a conversation with yourself often? ;)

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/25/2014 at 01:34 PM

I hope we get people voting on this this week!  We forgot to mention it during the meeting on Friday!  Get the word out to your guilds, help people get registered on the site, and get as many WvW people involved in getting their say in the vote!

By:

reddog.7403

Replied On: 05/25/2014 at 04:16 PM

I nominate sscripko, moscow and hades.

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/26/2014 at 02:56 AM

Note:  The name in the vote Thealus is spelled wrong.  It should be Thaelas.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 05/26/2014 at 11:41 AM

Fixed spelling

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Wiselash.7615
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/26/2014 at 10:23 PM

just a question why are the other peeps not even nominated on the thread is in the list?

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 05/26/2014 at 11:26 PM

People can write in names in the other column

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/27/2014 at 12:13 AM

Sorry, but I can't help to ask a question. According to the following rule

7 day period of time for SoR members to visit the SoR website and share their nominations or nominate themselves in a public nominations thread in the forums

I don't find some of the voted names in this thread.  Do we have other place for nomination?

And if we vote on nominated candidates, the "other" field is there for filling in.  Does that basically say we don't have to nominate anyone in 7 days and just fill them in on the day of voting?  This doesn't make sense to me though since we vote on nominated ppl but still can vote for any ppl that were not nominated.  This means nomination is meaningless and we can actually skip it, cos we can write the names.

And also I wonder what if there are 5 ppl with the same vote while there are only 2 slots to fill in.  What do we do?

» Edited on: 2014-05-27 00:16:38

By:

Commander marionimous.5961

Replied On: 05/27/2014 at 03:57 AM

I think my eyes are decieving me... But  I see a player who has been away for quite sometime now, 8 months or so to be exact? Or I dunno but "Coron Bale" is the GL of TSYM right? And you guys know that TSYM moved to ESO. Why is his name here? Or did I miss something?

Cthutulu - Guardian
Ground ZërO [ZërO]
Sanctum of Rall

By:

Commander Macondo.4827
   Member of Ethereal Guardians

Replied On: 05/27/2014 at 05:42 AM

Phineas Poe

gfkowns

SScripko

Commander Sihuca
[EG]Ethereal Guardians | An Original SOR Guild | Amazing Community | Dungeons & Fractals w/Teaching, World Events, Missions, PVP, DAILY TEQ, WVW/EOTM | TS3 | 24/7 Buffs | Lotto | PM me.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/27/2014 at 05:53 AM

I'll let Fog address this, as I don't have any control of the poll. My opinion is that they needed to be recommended last week, not now, as the vote is ongoing, so that ALL options are on the table at the vote start. These random people that are being added by voters are never going to win, but they are taking votes from active, qualified leaders. 

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/27/2014 at 05:55 AM

Per criteria listed above... If the person is not actively engaged in COMMANDER LEADERSHIP in our Wvw community, they they are not a valid nomination, anyway. 

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 05/27/2014 at 08:06 AM

I wouldn't say write ins can't win. Phineas Poe and gfk were both write ins and they lead the pack now.

That said, personally I've never liked polls to begin with. They almost always lead to arguing and bickering. Any way you look at it any action will tick someone off.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Wiselash.7615
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/27/2014 at 10:52 PM

it is all good. this is the first time we did this. this things will really occur.

By:

rveeeeee.3798

Replied On: 05/28/2014 at 06:25 AM

I choose:

+Aingeal An Lann

+Foghlanda

+Hades

+Keadlaw

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/28/2014 at 08:51 AM

Keadlaw isnt on the server any more.  Also, nominations were last week.  The voting process is going in in the above post, and people unfortunately have the ability to add new nominees (though that was not the decided upon plan).  However, new people coming in this late won't have a fair vote in their favor.  In reference to Aingeal.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 05/28/2014 at 09:33 AM

Please also note that anyone that is to sit on the council should have a SanctumofRall.com account and be actively using the site as it will be a primary form of communication across many timezones. I noticed several of the people on the list haven't listed their guilds at all on the site, do not use, and in some cases have not registered. Our leadership needs to know how the site works, how to get people registered, and be willing and able to communicate with the rest of the team.

In other words. Get them registered, add those guilds, and start using our site please :). How can you lead a community that you refuse to be part of?

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

scott.7601

Replied On: 05/30/2014 at 03:09 PM

Can someone define 2.2?  I see quite a few that only pop in game once or twice a week, if that.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/30/2014 at 03:26 PM

What?  I don't follow what you are asking.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 05/30/2014 at 11:30 PM

Congratulations to the following individuals for their election to represent Sanctum of Rall as members of our WvW War Council!

• [FIRE] Xivor 

• [GSCH] Foghladha

• [HALO] Sscripko

• [IMPS] Moscow

• [EG] GFK

Originally, [EG] Phineas Poe was elected, but he turned it down after our meeting last night.  Per the rules set before the vote, the next in line in votes was offered the position, which was GFK.  Congrats to us all! If you have any questions or concerns, this is your team to reach out to!  

Foghlada and Sccripko, can you change your permissions in the website and TS for Phineas and GFK appropriately?

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 05/31/2014 at 01:50 AM

GFK doesn't have a SanctumofRall.com account

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander sscripko.5387

Replied On: 05/31/2014 at 05:57 AM

Whenever I can get GFK online in TS at the same time as me, I will change his permissions, I can't find him easily out of the thousand or so verifieds on SoR.

------

By:

Commander Testing.1234

Replied On: 06/01/2014 at 03:34 PM

I am in little power to say this, as Shdw is leaving SoR this week, but shouldn't the wvw council be composed of wvw players? No offense to GFK or Fog, but neither really WvW much in relation to others that should be on there. This IS supposed to be a wvw council, not a popularity contest. Just my 2 cents, and the deal is made... but that's kinda a huge aspect as to why people will move servers, and if the WvW council is partly PvE players (With dabbling in wvw), it isn't good :)

» Edited on: 2014-06-01 15:36:01

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 06/01/2014 at 03:40 PM

Not everyone with a tag is built to be an organizer and administrator of a wide scale entity.  Just because someone logs more hours on a map does not make them better equipped to be a leader. I work 12 hours a day and I cannot put in nearly as many hours as a college student with 4 hours of classes 3 times a week.  But I know that I have leadership qualities that I hope could be put to good use on this server, even if I cannot tag up for 6 hours straight 7 days a week. And, I am a PvX player.  I guess that makes me unfit, as well. Sscripko does Teq every night.  I guess we can count him out.  

Fog ONLY does Guild Missions and WvW when he logs in (correct me if I am wrong, Fog).  That is it. And trust me, he puts more time into the WvW than the 45 minutes of Guild Missions he does.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 06/02/2014 at 04:13 PM

For the record Adula, I spend 2 hours a week in PvE. The rest is in WvW. Just because you don't follow me doesn't mean im not out there. My ONLY enjoyment in this game comes from WvW. So I don't think your assessment is very accurate. Plus look at the leaderboard. I have spent more time on the field than the vast majority of the leaders out there.

So yes, Xivor, I do the missions because that's what people want, then i drag them all to WvW for the majority of my time. Personally I am a RvR player through and through. I hate PVE with a passion. The only reason you'll ever find me in PvE is because thats what people want to do. 

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 06/02/2014 at 05:43 PM

These five people chosen to lead the council I believe have leadership qualities and are fit to lead! This weekend all five of them were in WvW  leading on the field at some point and were in ts during their events(may not have been on at the same time). This has been one of the best weeks we had in a long time, and its only Monday...Isn't Fog in charge of the prizes that go along with WvW now? I don't think they were chosen because of a popularity contest.  Xivor has been stepping up with leading the meetings every week, and has come up with  ideas for making the server better. Fog has made alot of this happen..heck we have this website because of him, plus I see him in WvW and he enjoys leading! Same with GFK, Sscripko, and Moscow. all active in WvW and the numbers show when they're online. Yeah we could have picked others do be on the counsil, Adula if you where staying on the server you basically would of had a guaranteed spot on the council, I may even be in WvW more than most of the people on the council. i just can't be in that type of position right now.

So right now i think we should give these leaders a try and see how things go!  I think its a good group of people and I'm sure alot would agree!

Officer of [FIRE]Chariot of Fire also known as ProteinBar

By:

Commander Testing.1234

Replied On: 06/02/2014 at 09:31 PM

I stand corrected then. Sorry Fog, I've just always thought of you and thought about big scale PvE Events like the Tyrian Adventure. I guess I just spoke out of mykittenwhen I saw people like Hades didn't get on there when he's been with me on SoR for an extremely long time :P

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 06/03/2014 at 10:40 AM

The great tyrian adventure was a wee bit more public than my wvw adventures. I can't bring 200 people into wvw with me. I tried that at launch and turned many of them off the game from the queuegrater. The open world was the only place I could host large scale events. But Gta was 1 day a week, I ran 4 events a week. The other 3 in wvw. The majority of my time.is spent in wvw. Always has been. Before the exodus I predominantly played during timeframes others didn't because I was asked not to bring gsch onto the field before Thursday so the best players could get us a big lead. Rather than start an internal war we moved our events to Thursday and my late night events to sat and sun 12-2 am pdt. I don't have a whole lot of time to play, but when I do I want to spend it in wvw.

Benjamin Foghladha

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved