Any interest in resurrecting wvw training nights?
Moscow
Mar. 29, 2024
10:12 AM MSK
Sydney
Mar. 29, 2024
6:12 PM AEDT
Hobbiton
Mar. 29, 2024
8:12 PM NZDT
Seattle
Mar. 29, 2024
12:12 AM PDT
Chicago
Mar. 29, 2024
2:12 AM CDT
New York
Mar. 29, 2024
3:12 AM EDT
London
Mar. 29, 2024
7:12 AM GMT

Any interest in resurrecting wvw training nights?

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Posted On: 04/16/2015 at 12:11 AM

I'd love to get these going again on a regular basis, serverwide.

--
Abyssal Soul/Dustbringer Chana/Wells Go/Tiras Soul/Pyrrhas Soul
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 04/16/2015 at 08:24 AM

Wohoooo me 2!!!

Ive been slowly farming and training new Rallians memebers i keep bringing from other games :D

Work hakittented me hard this weeks but im looking forward getting the 200gold im missing for ma CC tag,

Think we will all love to have wvw training and cc training back :D

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander bucthree.7301
   Member of Strike Force

Replied On: 04/16/2015 at 01:33 PM

I would be down for this.

-Chacha

By:

FinalFAB.9872

Replied On: 04/17/2015 at 06:16 AM

I think it is definitely something hat should start up again.

By:

Commander Leslie of the Stars.1706

Replied On: 04/18/2015 at 04:20 PM

I am definitely interested in this. Depending on the time, you can count me in.

By:

Commander limetwyst.7039
   Member of Blood of the Martyr

Replied On: 04/19/2015 at 09:57 AM

Yep, I want in on this. Nothing quite so satisfying as locking down the enemies as a team.

GW siggy photo GW siggy.png

By:

Commander justinaC.1604
   Member of Knights Of Nefarious Greatness

Replied On: 04/19/2015 at 02:13 PM

I would love this!!

-Teonny Ghast

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 04/19/2015 at 02:21 PM

I have talked to quite a few people in TS that are interested as well.  We were thinking Thursday right at daily reset would be a good time todo it.  Not sure if we can do it this week, but I will see if we can get a group going and maybe go over some basic movement/positioning.  I'll bring it up at the server meeting on Fri, and make it official for the following week.

--
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

Valin.4527
   Member of Knights Of Nefarious Greatness

Replied On: 04/20/2015 at 08:38 AM

This would be an awesome thing.

A man of many Valins, one for every class - [KONG]

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 04/20/2015 at 09:07 AM

I think maybe having profession "gurus" for new WvWers wouldn't be a bad idea. Or just for ppl rolling a new toon and not know the roles of that class, builds, tricks and the like. Maybe a list of volunteers someone new can contact for some classes. I would definitely volunteer to help new Engis and Thieves (though my thief Arya has been collecting dust, I know the class very well, if you don't mind daily whispers, it's a fun class to roam with). If I'm around, I'd love to help. 

» Edited on: 2015-04-20 09:10:40

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 04/20/2015 at 11:04 AM

Have you guys ever considered a Sunday evening for this, Friday before rest and server meeting, or Saturday mid day in that order?  It would be far easier for myself to attend and help you guys with this or to convince my guild members to join.  In any case be sure to add it to the calender and advertise during the server meeting as a reminder.  I will try to get you what members I can from EVIL if they are able to attend.   

I would like to mention what I have seen us lacking in WvW lately... 1) Obviously regular siege is better then nothing, but it is pretty useless especially regular arrow carts.  We where able to get away with less in T8 and T7, but as we move up we will need to consider better siege and placement.  2) Staying on Commander and not trying to be a hero when you roll with the group.  3) What to call out and when to call it out(as far as enemy movements and or when something is under attack.  4) Importance of supply, and when to take and when not to.    I am sure there are more things then that where we need to try to teach, but those 4 items I feel we are really lacking for skill lately.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Harakael.5830

Replied On: 04/20/2015 at 12:14 PM

So we have any dates for this??

:D Im looking forward for training :P

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 04/20/2015 at 01:02 PM

Yeah we are going to have a preliminary meetup this Thursday 1 hour after daily reset, (9pm est).  Mainly just to discuss ideas of what we want out of this, if this time works for most people etc.  Ill make another post in the events section shortly.  We chose Thursday because a lot of guilds do missions on Saturday/Sunday.  Also saturday and sunday are important for PPT since its usually when we can field the most numbers.  We might be able to do some sort of "advanced" training on the weekend where we discuss things like map politics/tactics, when to attack or defend etc.

As for topics for Thursday, positioning and basic map callouts will be the first things discussed.  Supply, siege basics, basic class roles, upgrading etc will definitely be discussed at somepoint.  We will want to limit it to maybe like 2 main topics a week and can decide what topics will be discussed based on how the week went.

As for builds, I would love to delve into that.  But, some of us have encountered.....uhm....resistance when bringing this up to put it nicely.  I was thinking we may have to leave the actual builds to the individual guilds to set up.  Hopefully the basic training will explain why certain builds are needed and people will be a little bit more willing to possibly change.  I know at some point OMEN/ORDR will be going over builds/party comp and will be fine making it public for those willing to learn.  Ill keep you guys updated on that.

--
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

Commander Forged.6158

Replied On: 05/06/2015 at 06:41 PM

Whens the next date Soless?

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 05/10/2015 at 03:09 PM

So I am online in game today, I had to pull out of WvW.  Part of the issue is AR trollish nature, but the rest of it can fall at the feet of our own individuals.   Please guys, train your members, teach everyone about the art of WvW.  Was in EBG today, the guy on the Bali we built was trying to hit enemies instead of the Sup AC and Reg AC and would not get off or listen to instruction.  Our people would not stay on tag, and when AR started pressuring our Bravost, we built Reg ACs in some rather poor locations.  We are better then this, lets make sure our experience works its way to the newer less experienced players.  Way to much squirrelling, at best it slows our entire group, and at worst gets everyone killed.  There is an art to soloing or picking people off in battle, but we have to many people that can not do this effectively and end up getting our group killed.  This is some of me venting today, I must have woke up on the wrong side today, but I can not believe what I have just seen out there just prior to NA Prime.  Any questions or if anyone needs a little help on this subject, please just ask, I have been here from day one and have fought, won and died with some of our best, from T1 all the way down to T8.  I am one of the few of the last remnants from the past we have, I will help you guys where I can.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander SylverMeadow.1457
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 05/13/2015 at 10:41 AM

» Edited on: 2015-05-21 03:38:16

By:

Commander Fildydarie.1496
   Member of Fluffy Bunny Brigade

Replied On: 05/14/2015 at 07:43 PM

When training people, take a lesson from Walt Disney.  People hate learning so long as they know it is learning.  You attract a certain type of person to a training event, but it is a much different type of person that tends to need the training.

Training is an everyday activity.  It should be part of every group that runs.  When the Bunnies are out in force, we're training.  We're trying new strategies, we're refining old ones.  We bring new weapons, builds, or classes.  The essence of training is learning new things...  which is where some of the past "training" that I have witnessed has failed to gain traction.

People, be they commanders, leaders, or followers, do things differently.  Training that focuses on "right" and "wrong" is doomed.  It will be contrary to experience, intuition, or future training at some point and that cheapens the value of all training by association.  The goal of training should always be to expand the options available to the participants.  Don't tell people to do things, tell them why they should; that is the difference between breeding ineptitude and training people.  Make them understand that rushing into NE camp on a BL from the south and charging the Guild Claiming NPC is less efficient than pulling all the NPCs behind the pile of logs; they cluster nicely and the scouts tend to waste their smoke fields before moving into position.  Explaining this in full every time you do it is perhaps a bit burdensome, but if you can drop one decent explanation every night, we're moving in the right direction.

In a similar vein, training should be empowering.  There is no objective which cannot be soloed (disclaimer: I haven't soloed Stonemist yet, but have duoed it.  I'm fairly certain I could pull it off given the opportunity.  I've soloed or seen soloed every other objective).  Task individuals or small teams with taking objectives that aren't worth the group's time.  When leadership prioritizes maximizing personal WXP and loot, the people that aspire for more become disenfranchised; some leave entirely, others just turn off chat and do their own thing (I'm in the latter crowd).  If we're trying to build a community, we're not going to pull it off by tearing down people or ideas, we will do it by embracing a diverse group of people and ideas.

By:

bharat.2057

Replied On: 07/07/2015 at 10:30 AM

I am new and would love this!!

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 07/07/2015 at 08:33 PM

the easiest and best way to learn is be in ts.

you cant learn everything over night anyway. It takes experiencing 9000 different situations and inventing new solutions on the spot. You can learn faster watching how our veterans handle it and using the collective brain power of the group. As someone said last night... how can wvw even be fun if your not in ts?!

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved